Speech Recognizer Issue, not functioning

Okay, I’m looking for some help on this SR problem I’m having. I simply want to use SR to add 4 separate names to my app. With a simple click button above and a space for the label below it for each name.

When I live test it on my apple Iphone S6 it only works correctly on the first name SRbutton A I use. Then when I try to input the other names on SRButtons B, C, D, it names it erases the A button name and replaces it with the B,C,D new name. So, I want 4 different names and I can only get 1.
I’m attaching a picture of the code for someone to check me on this. Thanks.

You’re setting a single label’s text to the value of the speech recognizer. So of course it’s going to replace the value each time you click a button.

You need to use separate labels or separate variables or a data source to store the information for A, B, C, and D.

1 Like

I thought the same the firs time, then I realized one label starts with Na and the other starts with Nb.

1 Like

I missed that! I guess we need a project link or more screenshots.

1 Like

Thank you for weighing in on this. this is the last aspect of my app code that I need to complete.

I just used that same block code on an empty screen and tried to get it to give me 2 different names and it didn’ work. It put the second VR name in the first. I could not get it to give me 2 names. Can u try this exact code on one of your screens and tell me if it works properly? thank you.

It’s quicker to provide a link. Someone may be able to set all these blocks up but I don’t have the time for that right now.

Is it possible your labels are out of order on your screen? In other words, you think it’s:

xName

yName

But it’s really:

yName

xName

Again, it’s hard to test without the project link. If you want to keep it private, feel free to send it in a private message.

1 Like