Sounds are not working

Hi, Thunkers, I hope you all are doing well!

I have programmed many buttons to play a different sound when clicked. I have added mp3 sounds and the sounds work perfectly in Thunkable live on my computer but only occasionally work on my android device in the testing app.

In total I have added almost 50 different sounds, 40 of them with a duration of more than 10 seconds and the others with a duration of less than 5 seconds. Have I caused an overload? Or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo.

Try removing the space (" ") from the filename. Spaces often cause problems with media playback in Thunkable.

2 Likes

Wow! I would never have imagined anything like that. Let me try it right now. Thank you very much!

I believe it was recently added to the documentation:

1 Like

Thanks for the infromation and your time. I have changed the name for every audio file but the problem persists. Should I have to reupload them or something?

Is it possible for you to post download links for one sound that is working and one that is not?

Or to provide a project link for a simple project that demonstrates a working & non-working sound?

I’m sorry it took me so long to respond, but I’ve fixed it.

I want my students to be able to listen to some definitions without having to get bored reading. If you click some buttons there may be a few seconds delay because I recorded myself and for some recordings I took a breath and started talking afterwards.

As you told me, I should have renamed the files but it was necessary to rename the file on my computer and re-upload it (not just rename the file in the app). Take a look!: Thunkable

Thank you very much again!

1 Like

Sounds good… you have a nice voice!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.