Sound played over and over again

Hi guys… may you always be happiness!

I mounted the sound file on a button and when I pressed it, the sound played fine.

however, when the sound has not reached the end/finished, I press the button again and the sound plays again without stopping the first sound action,

So, the app plays the same double sounds, can anyone help solve this problem?

At the very least, I need a workaround like this:

A >

1. When the button is pressed for the first time then the sound will be played.

2. And if the button is pressed for the second time then the sound will be played from the beginning.

B>

1. When the button is pressed for the first time then the sound will be played.

2. And if the button is pressed a second time, it will not have any effect until the sound is completely finished.

3. If the sound has finished playing then the button works back to No. 1

There is a feature request for this: No way of knowing if sound playing is done · Issue #1235 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub

Please consider adding a comment to that request. It’s helpful if you also link back here.

Okay… But it means for now, there is no way yet to solve the problem, right?

It means that there is not currently a way to determine when a sound has stopped playing.

1 Like

Hello @nwr
A solution, for now, is to upload two times the same sound with different names and also two buttons one above the other
When a user clicks for the first time to play the first audio and hide that button and the second time to stop the first audio, play the second one and make visible the first button.

Demo app here

1 Like