[Solved] User specific app (Database help )

where is your formula located? in what tab?
just replace sel!$B$2 with $G$1
when sel was present, sel!$B$2 was just the race number. but if you code the race number on G1 (as in my example), you just refer to it there.

res tab c,d,e,f,g columns and till row 21

Just a suggestion @manyone, @unsalberkay1905cfbe ,
If you can compile all results in one single sheet and add a column to the selection which is repeated in every row then easily implement this to hide all rows not complying with user selection.

So when user selects group 1 only rows with the group column equals to 1 will be visible and the other rows will be hidden.

This simplifies the sheet design.

to do that i need to sort this function aswell
=IF(index(qual!C1:L21,row(A2),(sel!$B$2))=0,ā€œDNFā€,index(qual!C1:L21,row(A2),(sel!$B$2)))
and i have to sort these by quali pos and race pos , so i will have lots of columns in 1 sheet

you can check out my sheet YABANCI LÄ°G - Google Sheets
all this stuff goes on at res tab

i hope you are working with a different copy of the project and different copy of the sheet.
try this first. rename res to res1, type the value of 1 in cell M1
then change all formulas such that sel!$b$2 becomes $M$1
then make a copy of res1 and call it res2. in thunkable, replace your screen res with res1 and create a copy of it and call it res2.
did you try to work with the model i gave? in this model, there is no update on any cell in the sheet.

you mean formula?

In the sheet, rename the tab res to res1. In cell m1, enter 1 (ie. The race number). Then duplicate the sheet and rename it to res2, plus change the value of m1 to 2., repeat 20 more times. ( for testing you can create up to 5).
At the same time, go to project and rename screen res to res1 and fix the blocks so they refer to res1. Copy the screen. Add a new screen, copy from the saved screen and rename it to res2. Repeat 20 more times. (Make 5 for testing for now)
test multi user functionality

Yes. I mean enter the value 1 inside cell m1. What other meaning could it be? If I meant text I would have said text

1 Like

thanks, will try that

I am considering this idea. It replicates the data downwards while my approach extends it to the right. I think Google sheet can compute 21 screens faster accompanied by a computed/ā€œindexedā€ thunkable navigate block. compared to one long sheet with 400+ rows and a thunkable block looping thru 400+ rows and selecting 20+ to display whichever matches the desired group.
But thanks for the idea. Iā€™ll try it later.

1 Like

Do not worry about speed.

I have a sheet of over 1700 rows and use this trick to filter and you can hardly feel a delay.

it works!
but the full list shows first then the filtered result replaces it - after the filter runs - so i had to set the visibility of data viewer list to false then turn it on after the filter. iā€™ll run it by @unsalberkay1905cfbe
thanks again, muneer!

1 Like

i was so tired yesterday :smiley: , increbile :smiley:

1 Like

iā€™ve just implemented muneerā€™s idea into the tiny model i have and it works - iā€™ll be publishing shortly - youā€™ve got to study it and see if it applies for you.

1 Like

i am sir , thanks for the help ,

1 Like

My m1 column is full , i will use J1

1 Like

you should hold off on my earlier approach - muneerā€™s idea is more practical and less work.

1 Like

then i m waiting demo from you

1 Like

hereā€™s muneerā€™s idea applied to the tiny model i have. all formulas and navigations are based on the assumptions i have at the start mainly - some external process computes and populates qual and pen tabs, the way iā€™ve envisioned them. you have to extrapolate them into the form and structure that your project has evolved into.

hereā€™s the google sheet, make sure you upload this to your google drive as races2

hereā€™s the link to the project - do not open until races2 is uploaded to google drive
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/6e85607f4ef03cae18258eb5a91ddf13

the approach of this method is the same. the race_table is local. and the selection via grid results in a variable called race_num.
the tab res is pre-populated , computed at the time the qual and pen tabs are updated.
hereā€™s what the res looks like (using tiny model - 8 players and 4 races).

note the formulas - the race number is now part of the row it is a good idea to fill all formulas for race1 first then copy the rows downwards, each time changing the row number to the next sequence.

how to run: select the race from the grid view. the next screen will show everything in res that matches the race_number selected.

hereā€™s the result of selecting portugal.

note: i donā€™t know how to make a custom layout for the data viewer list thatā€™s why i only show 3 elements. itā€™s important to include the column race_num in the data viewer layout because the filter refers to it.

i hope this works for your needs. good luck! (thanks again, muneer!)

2 Likes

Thans a lot , starting to work

1 Like

i think you will need sorting, download the google sheet again, i added a Sheet 9 which sorts res using 2 columns. in this case sheet9 will now have to be the data source for your data viewer.

2 Likes