[Solved] User specific app (Database help )

okay will do that

1 Like

hi for the race_num at res tab , do i need to enter race_num’s manually ?

You can enter the value manually for the rows in ithe first race. After that you use a formula of prior cell plus 1 - eg in my example. G2 thru G9 all have a value of 1 but G10 thru G17 will have a formula of =G2+1, G3+1, G4+1 … G9+1. you really only have to enter the formula for G10=G2+1, afterwards, just copy cell G10 to G11 thru G17 and all cell references wlll adjust automatically.
Then if you copy the set of players downwards, all racenum are calculated properly.

1 Like

because of the custom layout it gives error

what to fill those spaces
my layout:

first of all, modify your custom layout and add an entry for race_num (from the res sheet). in the siralama screen, connect the data viewer list to the res screen and map the desired fields unto the custom layout. make sure to include race_num.
use the same block as mine:

but change the circled variable (ie. Text) to whatever is the name for race_num in the custom layout.
and verify the connection of the data viewer list to the correct screen name. (in the for_each_item block, the list of values should be coming from your res screen - why are you pointing to DVL_QUAL?)

2 Likes

okay starting to work :smiley:

1 Like

this was delayed message from my new account @muneer

1 Like

DVL_ QUAL is my sorted tab for “siralama”

i fixed your formulas in res so if you want to extend downwards later you have to extend qual first to accomodate more races, then in res, simply copy the last set of rows (21 rows) to the next available space. ive saved over my old races2 sheet so i had to adjust my thunkable project to adapt to your sheet.
the for_each_item block should be pointing to list of values in races2 in DEV_QUAL_PEN

2 Likes

thanks a lot @manyone

i dont see such a table called that , and dont i need to name H column , for data viewer list
EDIT : i added race_num to dvl_qual and added a label for race_num (height :0 , width, 0 , font: 0 )
but at blocks , because of the custom layout i dont have layout wrapper , so i tried to do it with row 1
but screen opens and freezes , so it didnt work
@muneer you know anything about it ?

and btw , i need to add teamcolour column for the layout design

its not that late to do that right :smiley:

1 Like

Your layout wrapper in the custom layout is Row1.

not working

i guess something wrong with blocks
siralama(qual) blocks

yarislar (races) blocks

and my local table

EDIT : or i will just send my project link :smile: Thunkable

1 Like

First try it without the for each item... loop and see that all records are showing then insert the loop and if nothing is showing make sure they have data.
Add 2 labels to the screen and inside the loop one label shows the “race_num” and another label shows the “Label1” text content. Make sure they are the same.

I just checked your project.

This has error.

let me update my link for you : races2 - Google Sheets

1 Like

and without the for each
my block :

and screen

This is what I get when opening Data Viewer in your screen.

When you disconnect a Data Source and connect gain, you have to reconnect the Data Viewer and the blocks.

but i dont have a problem on my screen

1 Like

Did you run it without the loop and see that data appears in a normal manner?

When you share a project, do not use the URL that has /copy/. Use the link that has /projectPage/. This way I can test your app directly against your data.

i did without for each , i ll try to send you project page
find it : Thunkable

1 Like

I logged in and I see this

Is this your expected list?
I can see the first column always 1
The last column is like the serial number.