[Solved] Thunkable Live app crashing

So for the Sign In Component, are you saying it won’t return an error code? is that the only problem? If you can share me a simple(st) app to demonstrate the issue, I can take a look during the weekend!

Best,
Wei

2 Likes

Thunkable Live iOS
Thunkable Live for iOS 13.6 is working on iPhone X
Sign in component is working correctly for me on iOS Thunkable Live.

Thunkable Live Android
The crash problem disappeared but the keyboard bug reimains there

Android Download
It stills crashing when the app is opened on Android 10
UPDATE
On second download, the app works almost perfectly on Android 10. On first launch the UI doesn’t loads well. Second launch works perfect.

iOS Download
iOS app works perfectly.

3 Likes

I have Android 6.0.1 … My app stopped when I open it. And among other things, In thunkable Live there is a bug with Airtable Get Row/Update row, the App crashes. Thanks.

(downloaded app)
i have some white screen problem (when i launched app at first screen goes white and nothing happen) in some screen (not whole screen). and if i shut down the app and re-launch it, then it works just fine (in both OS)

and still searching for which block causes the problem now.

but when i deleted that screen it works fine. (in Android for sure, iOS don’t know yet.

=> i don’t know why but if i have custom SPLASH screen, crush happen.

i mean, if there are no any block except navigate to other screen at first, it will crush.

(downloaded, Android, 205, Samsung)

Thanks for the thunkable live v205, its working pretty fine now.

1 Like

Hi @wei,

The sign in component doesn’t function. I cannot sign in on Android, though the same app with the same project works fine on iOS and web.

I tried to retrieve an error code but it returns nothing. About 3 weeks ago when I first noticed this, I got an invalid api key error, which again was only on Android.

I will send you the project link via dm if thats okay.

Thanks.

(edit)

Sign In component works for new apps https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5f1c111aa6e9dd643f68ee8e/bcf268c6-ebce-4069-bca8-58975388c315/blocks
This issue appears to be direct to me.

I’m working pretty good now, no animated gifs working on the android live app and lottie files have been removed, but other than those minor things, everything is working.

2 Likes

Sorry for late answer!!
my problems with live app login crash and buttons are solved (iphone 6 and ipad pro). Everything seems to be rolled back to some weeks ago!! thanks for the great effort!!

2 Likes

V206 seem pretty cool. Nice job.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Everything working! I’m putting the 5Starts again on Thunkable.

1 Like

Thanks @solveraplicativo, really appreciate that!

Hi @domhnallohanlon, is the keyboard issue back again?. Suddenly I am facing the issue again😢

hi @domhnallohanlon
I recently found out that web api component always crashes thunkable live app when the test app is running some sort of codes related to web api, it keeps saying “Something has gone wrong. Check your blocks and reset the page”.

but when I remove the blocks related to web api, the app work very fine.

Please investigate if there are some bugs in the component web api.

Thanks,
Justin

@juschan0605

Justin, Web APIs are very difficult as far as getting the syntax correct goes. It’s really unlikely this is a bug in Thunkable’s software.

If you are getting the white “something has gone wrong” screen, there are a few things that usually cause that including:

1. Using the wrong API key or leaving it out
  2. Mispelling a JSON property name
  3. Attempting to get data from an invalid property (e.g. the hierachy is object–>title–>name but you are trying to get object–>name).

Post a screenshot of your Web API blocks and the full url (hide the API key) that you are using as text so that we can try it in a browser to make sure it’s correct.

For a better understanding of APIs and JSON parsing, see my new tutorial video:

1 Like

I would need the full Web API urls, posted as text (not a screenshot).

@tatiang

but the web api url includes api key

Substitute your API key with ‘my_api_key’.

U mean in the url?

You can copy and paste the Web API url into a post and just replace the actual api key with something else.

So instead of something like this:

https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/weather?q=oakland&units=metric&APPID=d74c83p16ce2329mcf82c5611625h459

Post something like this:

https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/weather?q=oakland&units=metric&APPID=[my api key]

1 Like