[SOLVED] The Bluetooth module has not worked since Friday, October 30

Hello,

Since Friday, Oct. 30, we can no longer use the bluetooth module in our applications.
Unable to connect or scan BLE devices.
A thunkable android APK created a few weeks ago works perfectly.

I don’t know if there has been a recent update. I tried reinstalling the app, clearing the explorer cache.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem or see the same error?

Thanks in advance

Hi @daniel.duay - welcome to the Community!

Are you seeing any errors or warnings in your app? Have you made any changes to your app recently?

No error is displayed and nothing has been changed in the application.
The application works on Iphone but not on Android. Nothing has changed on the two android smartphones and in addition the apk android application from 2 weeks ago works perfectly.

We are having the same problem. An app that worked fine a couple of weeks ago doesn’t work on a newer android but it does work on a galaxy S9.
Support told me the Bluetooth block is broken ATM and that he would get back to me.

1 Like

Thanks, I was wondering if I was the only one it wasn’t working.
On a samsung S10 it doesn’t work either and I didn’t update it just before the problem

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
It’s actually been an issue since the September update that was pushed out on the 27th I believe. In order to temporarily fix the issue follow these steps:

1. I would uninstall the ThunkableLive app.
  2. Then google (on your phone) “Thunkable APK”.
  3. look for a website that says APKPure
  4. Scroll down to find previous APK versions.
  5. Then install the one from August.
  6. You will have to approve installations from unknown locations on your phone.

Hopefully this helps until they can fix the issues and push out another update.

Here is the link I used to get it. This should take you to the August version of the app (APK).
Download Thunkable v331-2 Android APK File (apkpure.com)

Hi Josh

Thanks. I will def try this today.

VJ

1 Like

Hi Josh,
Thanks for the tip
It works again pending an update

1 Like

Happy to hear it. Just turn your automatic app updates off so that it won’t update to the Sept version. They still haven’t come out with a new update to address the issues. Hopefully it will be soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the help Josh.
It works but unfortunately only in local testing. We still cannot make an APK so am still dead in the water. Support said that they are working on it.

That’s unfortunate. I didn’t realize it affected the app creation too. I thought it was just the thunkable live app. I hope they can fix it soon. I’d like to download my app instead of using thunkable live as well. Atleast we can still work on it using the older version I suppose.

1 Like

Yes. On the bright side they are aware and are working on the issue.
I suggested reverting to the October code while they work it out. If it takes too long.

1 Like

Hi @josh.pilot538 @vjcambridge01o - Thanks for reporting this. Our team has been looking into it and working towards a fix, and we will continue to provide updates here.

Appreciate your patience and creativity here in using a previous APK file!

2 Likes

Hi @josh.pilot538 @vjcambridge01o! Our engineers have released a fix for this last night, and the BLE scanner now works in our tests. Can you try testing your Android app now?

Let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

It’s working. I haven’t tested the app creation, but the thunkable live app is working again. Woohoo! :partying_face::tada:

1 Like

Hi.

It now works on my Samsung Galaxy A13 5G in the live app.
It still works on a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Please remind everyone that they have to reinstall the Thunkable app for this fix to work.
Thank you Cassandra!

VJ

1 Like

The APK does connect to the Bluetooth device on android now.

VJ

1 Like

Glad to hear your app works again! I’ll be sure to thank our hardworking engineering team for jumping on this fix. @vjcambridge01o @josh.pilot538

Thanks, I was wondering if I was the only one it wasn’t working.
On a samsung S10 it doesn’t work either and I didn’t update it just before the problem