[Solved] Status bar color blending issue

I am looking into this issue.

Wei

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear that, thank you.

1 Like

Hoping for an answer soon! Thanks @wei !!

2 Likes

As Steve said earlier, it is going to be tricky to get it fixed properly. I want to confirm -

(1) Does it happy on iOS only?
(2) What is the use case? Do people expect to change the status bar background color dynamically? like using block? or you can set it in the property panel and you will keep it as it is.

Thanks,
Wei

That is not exactly accurate. I have shared my issues of the fading in and out on GitHub

The bar starts one color, but fades invisible at some point and then comes back later.

1 Like
  1. yes it happened on iOS only.
  2. I leave it up to you because I don’t know what other people think. However, I just want this issue to be fixed as soon as possible. What do you think? Which one is easier to fix.
1 Like

I just want to be able to choose the status bar color for every page as it used to be back then before this annoying bug…

1 Like

any news or should we redesign our apps?

1 Like

Hey @oreeldadln,

Yes @wei is still actively working on this and we should be able to give you a more thorough progress update next week (our US colleagues have some time off today and the Irish team will be off on Monday)

Apologies for the radio silence here, but rest assured this hasn’t been forgotten about!

4 Likes

Thanks @domhnallohanlon

The open line of communication is very appreciated and assuring for us Thunkers over here

1 Like

As Domhnall said, we are still working on it. We may revert the safe area view change we added back in November and let you have the option to add it. In that way, you have the control. But we don’t have a full fix of iOS status bar background and safe area view together now.

Wei

1 Like

Is this also the same problem mentioned above as the status bar is not customizable?

We have developed a short term solution (give you the option to color the safe area view) and we should be able to release it soon.

Wei

7 Likes

Hi, Will this update(s) solve the issue for background images as well that’s mentioned earlier in this thread? No matter which mode you choose you will never get rid of that white status bar. I’m quit sure that if you choose “stretch” it’s suppose to stretch over the whole screen? That doesn’t work today so for me for example it’s not only the missing ability to set the colour of the status bar that gives a lack of experience in my app, it’s the ignorance of background image-modes as well. At least on iPhone XR.
Thanks!

when will this be out?

1 Like

Dear friends,

Good news - the changes passed our internal tests and we deployed them to production. You can try it now.

Here is the list of changes you might find it helpful.

• A new property Ignore Notch Area in the app setting
  • A new property Notch Area Background Color in the app setting

The Ignore Notch Area property enables you to remove the safe area view which we add to the app automatically. If you set this property to be true, the screen background color will extend to full screen and there won’t be any white area. However, you need to manually take care of the notch in your app design, like adding extra space, in order to avoid the app element to be blocked by the notch.

The Notch Area Background Color property enables you to set the safe area view color in iOS only. With this, you can customize the background color of the white area. Please note, this is an app level setting and you won’t be able to customize the color at the screen level.

Please try it out and provide feedback if there is any :slight_smile:

Wei

8 Likes

Wow!!
I’ve changed Notch Area Background Color. It works.

Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Thanks @wei and @jose and the team! :grin: We’ll make a bigger announcement about this soon, along with some other great additions that have come to Thunkable this month, but hopefully marking this message as a solution will encourage people to check it out and see this awesome news!

3 Likes

Hi. I have a background image in my app. I would like that to fill the screen (view area, not safety area).
I tested this switch”ignore notch area” but I still have white safe areas. I used “cover”-mode on the image.
How should I do? Thanks!!

I tried the other way, to set a colour on the safe area. This is how it looks like for me. Is it a bug in this feature?

A white stripe is left at the top. I am in an iPhone XR

Hi. I don’t know if this is where I should report this kind of things as it’s marked as (solved), but I found another “bug”?

I have been using the app for a few day and suddenly the white bottom came back?? But only bottom… top is fine (except for the previous issue with the stripe).

Thanks…