[Solved] Status bar color blending issue

Do you have any problems with stack-navigator

???

Nothing has changed

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to follow up quickly on this. The fix that we were testing ended up not working as well as we had expected so we had to go back to the drawing board on this. We have some ideas as to how we can approach and fix the issue but it will take time to implement and fully test those.

This is a bit more complicated than it might seem. The short story is that React Native (which we use to build your apps) doesnā€™t natively support changing the status bar color on iOS. This is why the property is marked as Android only in our platform. Previously it was working with the screenā€™s background color because of a workaround that is no longer a viable option for various reasons.

Iā€™m hoping that we can get this resolved soon. Sorry for the delay.

5 Likes

Hi @Steven

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this. I am really hoping for an ā€œofficialā€ solution or at least the implementation of one of the workarounds found through web searches.

Many thanks
K

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve seen the implementations with web searches. Our system is a bit more complicated to work with since we are generating the app at run time and we donā€™t have a static set of screens/navigators like most apps do. In any case, I think we should be able to fix it. Just will take a little longer than I originally thought.

3 Likes

any update?

Any update?

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to see update. Iā€™ll pay for thunkable pro and publish my app into the App Store Immediately.

2 Likes

Can you give us an update about this?

1 Like

Hi Steven. Any ETA? Feel free to use us guinea-pigs.

1 Like

@wei can anyone from the Thunkable staff work exclusively on this and the multiple screen starts issues until they are solved? Some of us have not released apps for 6 months now because of these issues while paying for our Pro accounts and it is disheartening to see cycles being invested on introducing new features instead of fixing the existing ones which are already in use. I donā€™t know who leads the devs team but whoever it is, we need some sort of commitment that both issues will be solved in the next days. We are out of patience. We have been ignored for far too long. We need those issues fixed. This is your chance to prove thay Thunkable is run by professionals and not hobbyists.

Thank you

9 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue over hereā€¦ Everything works great on Android, but we do have some problems on iOS. First we had to deal with an issue of our Web Viewer not filling the page on bigger screens (I have an iPhone 7 and didnā€™t have this problem). Here is what it looked like on a iPhone 12:

I fixed this by adding a block ā€œSet web_viewerā€™s height to screen heightā€ when page Opens (setting the web view height to 100% in parameters didnā€™t change anything).
Here is what weā€™ve got today:

We donā€™t see the pageā€™s background color anymore, but now the web view seems to go under the status bar, and its height is too short for the data inside itā€¦ (Also I donā€™t know why, but the hour moved up a bit, while the rest didnā€™t move).

Any progress on this issue would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Neumorphic Design example

Hey @yoannrky4dd , welcome to the community

There are two bugs that were focusing on at the moment - one is this status bar color issue and the other is an issue with how the opens and starts events fire when moving between screens.

Itā€™s possible that the resizing issue here might be related to the second one, but I canā€™t say for sure.

Just confirming that this is for an app downloaded and installed on iOS? (Sounds strange, but I can imagine it might happen on Thunkable Live?)

1 Like

Hi @domhnallohanlon, and thanks for your quick answer.

Itā€™s nice to hear that youā€™re focusing on those problems. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do it, but please let us know if you make any progress on that.

Just confirming that this is for an app downloaded and installed on iOS? (Sounds strange, but I can imagine it might happen on Thunkable Live?)

It is on the installed version yes, I donā€™t use the Thunkable Live to check the design, only for functionnalities.

1 Like

Any news?

1 Like

Please share your experience related to this issue here

2 Likes

I send an email to the support (we have a PRO plan) 10 days ago about this annoying issue, but still have no answer. It seems to be like itā€™s not an important problem for them, as @Deluxe already pointed out.
For now we just desactivated the status bar, so by default the logos are not present, but they do reapear sometimesā€¦ We still have some problems on new iPhones, by seing a little portion of the background color, so right now we are trying to change it dynamically, until this problem is fixed (if we can still hope that it will be one day).

3 Likes

I really do not understand
How does a team like the Thunkable team create this platform, and they canā€™t solve these problems. Every day they fix something, but in return they disable something, thatā€™s really a shame.
Because I cannot send a new version of my app because when I created it there was no problems, but now there are many problems.

Thunkable is the best best platform for me But they need a good team for support and engineering to fix alot of problem in this platform

THANK YOU

6 Likes

any update?
I saw the updates in Release Notes but they didnā€™t add this issue.

1 Like