[Solved] Jan. 2020 Thunkable X Blocks Update

I can definitely work better in the editor after the release! @Mark. I noticed I can delete blocks much quicker and move around with fewer errors. I was still having some issues but was able to get some work done today!

C’mon you guys! I can’t be the only one who noticed a change and doesn’t want to complain about it but instead praise the hard work of the Thunkable team!

7 Likes

me to

Everything seems to be back to normal for me, thank you Thunkable team! :smiley:

5 Likes

Excellent, thanks Mark

2 Likes

Thank you Thunkable Staff for fixing Thunkable X. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still have some problem with updating in live test. Cn it only update one phone at the time.
I have both iphone and android testing on the same time.

@dns.prado.s3vy @chris.bailey230698t @jared @mom7667yafy @funhall @kef4etvgsg3i @farhanlatif027i3df @dlmetzgerbcch @garry_lane @athornock @io.nut.ilie @carsonuw @fashinski @dorissey @johnob.johnobaj5az @keithcrunk @chrisanderson1006tt9 @keithcrunk @rhuerta @betterautomations @danyklein

Hi folks,

Thank you all so much for you feedback, both here and through our reporting form.

By now the vast majority of the issues that you were experiencing in the blocks editor should be resolved.

We tested and shipped a number of updates in the last 48 hours, but if you could try out a few of your own projects and let us know your own experiences that would be great too!

6 Likes

Thank you! @domhnallohanlon

3 Likes

Thanks, @domhnallohanlon! :wave:

Edit : I have expirenced one thing -
When this image is clicked, sometimes the popup blinks by ~1.5 seconds. So I have to click it again & again…

I hope this issue is resolved?

2 Likes

My code is still not working, but it did work at one point before doing the weird bug out where it quits working. Here is a snippet of my code, let me know if maybe there’s something I should change on it

It is erroring out at the point of “bag not found” which means that it is either not changing the default value of 0, or it is not finding the text in the list

Seems pretty smooth!

Awesome update, guys, thank you!

3 Likes

@carsonuw You posted this question already but you haven’t responded to my question about it.

1 Like

The new speed is a huge improvement!!! And some redundant blocks I had to have in the past I no longer have to have, which saves a lot of work. Thank you Thunkable Team!

3 Likes

Thanks @domhnallohanlon! I still seem to be having a couple of issues with code which was working previously though.

It was simple hamburger menu button which when clicked should toggle the drawer menu. It worked fine on 3 screens but wouldn’t work on one of the other screens (Barcode1). I edited the block to remove the drawer toggle and replaced it with a “navigate: home” block to test if it was the button or the drawer. It worked, so I believe it was to do with the drawer toggle. I put the drawer toggle back but it still didn’t work on screen Barcode1. As a last resort I deleted the full block (the button click and drawer toggle) and copied the block from a screen it was working on. I’ve pasted the block to the Barcode1 screen but it hasn’t appeared and I’m getting a warning in the bottom left of the screen for “2 errors” but no visible blocks have an error (even after zooming way out, just in case). I’ve hard refreshed and the errors are still present and clicking on the error warning doesn’t give me any information.

Is there a way for me to debug or roll back?

Thanks (I know this might be a whole different issue to this thread but as you asked for feedback and I’ve not made any changes since the problems, I thought best to mention it here).

While ago when I creating a Module no 3 the last module, I switch the Tab to another Tab Bar Website and after returning to my Project [Thunkable] it appears blank and only chatbox left. I got refresh and I thought it was okay. It returns me to Whole reset from Module 2 and the Module 3 Vanished with all my Layouts and Codes. Is there’s way to redo my code? :face_with_head_bandage: :weary: :tired_face: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Thanks, I would say now after the update that working in edit mode seems much faster and stable. Variable names displaying correctly. No hangs.

BUT, it seems that changes in edit mode now don’t show up in Live Test for a few minutes at least.

most of the time it does chance fast but some times it doesn’t , but I think it has always been like this :sweat_smile:

I have the same problem that sometimes the app almost won’t start until several minutes.

From the deep of my heart … Thanks for the blocks speeds improvement to all the staff of thunkable @domhnallohanlon @jane and also the lately updates you’ve been doing so :innocent:

3 Likes

I second that! It’s great! My busiest screen has 1250 blocks and it’s running smoothly. These improvements have allowed me to improve my apps functionality!!

4 Likes