As you may know, creators have been reporting that their blocks screens slowed down a lot when they had a lot of blocks in their app.
The good news is, we have just published an update that prevents a lot of this slowdown! This makes a lot of projects more useable.
Unfortunately, we are also hearing that some creators are having unexpected problems in their app projects that seem to be related to this update.
If you are experiencing something like this, please fill out this form. This will be the best way for us to collect data about this. You are welcome to comment on this post, ideally leave a comment and a form response!
I know that a few posts have been made about this topic, so I’m going to merge them here. If future posts are made about this, I will also merge them into this post. This is just to make sure that all of the relevant information is kept in one place.
We will post updates in this thread as they come up.
Thank you all for your feedback!
Edit 1: if you are experiencing such behavior, please test if
- Refreshing the page or
- Doing a hard refresh in your browser helps at all.
It seems that 4 discrete issues have been identified. Here they are along with their current status:
- Variable blocks menu being compressed - RESOLVED
- Variables being renamed with UUIDs - RESOLVED
- ‘Could not save your changes’ error (sometimes accompanied by a whitescreen error) - RESOLVED (make sure you are using a supported browser: Chrome, Firefox or Safari)
- (Global) Variables not being visible across screens - RESOLVED
Please tag me in a reply if you are still experiencing an issue that was marked RESOLVED in this list.