[SOLVED] Font mismatch between preview and downloaded APK

Hello, I have an issue with the fonts in the downloaded APK test file.

My app uses a mix of Roboto Condensed Bold and Bold Italic. I even have a switch that italicizes some labels when triggered. Everything works as expected in web preview, live test on device and as a responsive web app.

But the downloaded APK only shows text in Roboto Regular. It’s not even Condensed, it’s plain Roboto Regular, gone are Bold, and Bold Italics, and the switch does nothing. This is obviously an issue and makes the app unusable. I don’t see how I can fix this.

Thank you

Reading through some other threads, it becomes apparent that some fonts/styles are not supported on mobile!

There is no notice whatsoever when building the app which these are (like there is for some of the more advanced options - writing direction, letter spacing etc.). Why even include these fonts/styles if you don’t support them? Why not specify the platform they’re available on? It is terribly misleading and frustrating to do so.

Hi @catalin.f13o9rq4f , welcome to Thunkable! :tada:
I can understand that it is frustrating.
We were able to replicate the issue and have flagged it to our engineering team. We’re committed to finding a resolution quickly, and we will keep you updated as soon as there is any progress.

Be sure to check out How to ask Great Questions v2.0, the Community Guidelines, and our Getting Started Guide to make the best of your Thunkable Community experience!

Thank you so! Looking forward to a quick resolution, because otherwise I was pretty happy with the Thunkable experience, but now it all hangs on this aspect

Hello @catalin.f13o9rq4f , thank you again for your patience. I would like to let you know that we have now officially released a fix for this bug.

Please keep in mind that you may need to do a hard refresh of your browser for the changes to take effect in your project. If you experienced any of these issues on the Thunkable Live app, you will need to update to the latest version through the App Store and/or Google Play Store before any changes will occur. If your downloaded or published app is affected by any of these issues, you will need to re-download or re-publish your app for these changes to take effect.

1 Like