[Solved] Data Viewer and Google Sheets

im having same trouble here. Local DB & Airtable seem so fine but only Google Spreadsheet doesnt work.

screenshot1 screenshot2

i was selected for beta tester a few days ago. Google sheets didnt work. so i wait. but still same. please help

This is exciting but Iā€™m still finding the data source interface to be so buggy. I have like 20 data sources from the beta testing and although thereā€™s a way to create new sources, there is no way to remove sources. There should be.

And when I create a new source, it loops me through the dialog boxes multiple times so itā€™s hard to tell when Iā€™ve completed any of the steps. Iā€™ll post a video when I get a chance.

Iā€™m trying to add Google Sheets and reference data from them.

3 Likes

I still canā€™t use Google Sheets with the Data Viewer. I can get the desired sheet into the Data Source field, but from there, the binding fields tell me to select a data source. I try again and again, and I get the same results. Iā€™ve deleted the data sources from the app in progress and put them back in with no different result. I canā€™t remove the data sources from the system because the data sources tab on my projects page gives me a blank browser screen. NEED HELP please!

what kind of google account are you using for that? a school or work account? or a free account?

1 Like

I didnā€™t realize there were different kinds of accounts. I suppose itā€™s a free account: the same account I use to sign in to Thunkable.

I have had issues using my school account in the past. I use my work account though with no problem.

Have you performed a hard refresh recently?

1 Like

I cleared the cache, installed a newer version of Chrome, shut down Chrome and restarted my computer. I still get the same thing:

The Binding fields are the same. The My Data Sources tab on the Projects page still gives me a white screen. I get the same results in Chrome and Edge browsers.

I have reported this on github here. please add any relevant details or a relevant project link

1 Like

unable to sync, unable to view data, no update at all.

Hey @saramdl.gaunde021 - itā€™s a little difficult to tell from the context of your message.

Are you having an issue with Google Docs? or are you referring to something else?

Are you using Thunkable with a gmail.com email or do you use a work/school email address?

Thanks.

please check this :tada: Latest Thunkable āœ• Release; NEW COMPONENTS Data Viewer List and Data Viewer Grid! 2020-05-05

im using google free account. and only Google spreadsheet doesnā€™t work (Airtable and Local DB work fine)

as you can see in screenshot, there are columns and values in spreadsheet. but in Blocks @ Thunkable it doenst seem recognize the column.

Thatā€™s what I was assuming - but thanks for clarifying.

So what happened when you did this?

1 Like

I have the same problem as sr3 with google sheets . cant choose a sheetā€¦ no options.

1 Like

Thanks @rojroj101s - can you also provide the same info that we asked for above please:

1 Like

personal email

Same for me. Personal google account. Cannot create data source with google sheets.
And all former data sources are still listed, even when I deleted them. That brings confusion with duplicate names,

Deleting data sources is working well for me.

2 Likes

Thanks @rojroj101s

Hey when you go to your Data Sources tab? Can you remove data sources manually?

It took a while, but itā€™s working now with my Google Sheets. I deleted the data sources I had and created a brand new one. Then the last step before it started working was deleting the Data Viewer List from the app and putting in a new one. Once I did that, the data source linked up like it was meant to do. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone who has helped us make improvements to this component over the past few weeks.

Weā€™ve just started a new playlist over on YouTube specifically for working the the Data Viewer. Take a look at the clip below to see how to connect to Google Sheets and import your data:

We also have new and improved docs to go with this:
https://docs.thunkable.com/data-viewers

cc: @rollke @rojroj101s @ubimidia @1604796tj @doctorsof @actech @ptptmailj9epqr @simpsonja.scabqzb5 @neuheisser @sr3 @saramdl.gaunde021 @tatiang @jared @Steven

3 Likes