[Solved] Data Viewer and Google Sheets

By Google Table do you mean create a new Google Sheet?
I’ll give this process a try. I wasn’t logging out of all Google accounts and then logging abck into Google Dirve with my matching Thunkable X account.

Results to be posted…

I mean creating a new document in Google Drive - Google Table

I’ve never heard of Google Table … and don’t see that option in Google Drive? Can you tell me where it is?

In my German display of Google elements it is called

Google Tabellen

In the English display it is called Google sheets

The problem, not being able to log in to add a Google sheet is still there…

Also for me! No successful log in. I have the same account between Google and Thunkable… and nothing happened.

Video of the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fZGWs3KZjXWXIEgVsfu6ulx5muT998Xp/view?usp=sharing

Check it

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5ed139783444a7567b3873cd/project/properties/designer/

If there is no access, you can give me your email address in a personal message for me and then I will add it to access the table

Still no way to get the google sign in to work in order to give the thunkable project access to my own Google Sheets.

Is there any support plan here … paid or otherwise?

Still the same problem for me…!

Yep. Looks like I’ll be leaving Thunkable. Support seems absent and advertised key elements aren’t dependable.

About a month or so ago I had no problem adding a Google Sheets data source.
Today I have experienced the same exact issue you posted.
I am trying to see if it has been resolved.
Can you provide an update.

Thanks

Still not possible for me to add a google spreadsheet.

Hi everyone,

My attention was directed here via another thread. Just wanted to let you know that I’m looking into this. It would be helpful to me if anyone who is experiencing the issue is able to get some information for me. So, if you’re seeing the black square inside the modal with the text In order to select an item from your online storage, please sign in and the red sign in button and aren’t able to actually sign in, can you please:

• Walk through the flow again. After you click the sign in button, open your browser’s console by right clicking anywhere on the screen and selecting inspect. In the new tab that opens, select Console near the top. Copy the text you see there and send it to me directly. This will help me to determine if there are any errors which give us a hint as to what is going wrong.

• If you’re using Chrome, can you please copy and paste the following into your address bar: chrome://settings/content/cookies. Once there can you let me know if you have Block third-party cookies enabled or disabled? If it is enabled can you disable it and try to add a Google Sheet again? Let me know if it still doesn’t work or if anything changes.

Any other additional information would be great. Are you using a personal google account or one managed by a school/business/etc.? Have you had issues with all of your google accounts? Have you tried different browsers?

Hopefully we can identify the issue soon. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Just to follow up on my previous post. I was finally able to reproduce this issue for myself locally and I think I might have a solution. I’m not sure if this will work for everyone since it is possible that there are multiple underlying issues and this is only addressing one of them. I’m expecting the fix to go live early next week so I’ll follow up on this thread again when you can test it on the site. Hopefully this will at least reduce the number of people who are experiencing the problem.

Thanks for your help and sorry that it took so long for this to get addressed.

1 Like

Hey Steven.
You did it.
Some flaws happened initially, but I could get it work.
Logs into Google immediately and gets data easily.
Can I ask you - is there a possibility to add option in DataViewer to list properties from ROWS?

now it is like
Data Bindings/ Get Title Property From Column

Will there be an option - Get title property from ROW?
Thanks!

1 Like

We don’t currently have a plan for that but if you could expand on it and let me know what your use case would be for that we could consider it depending on interest.

In my case, I have patients listed as rows, and their health parameters listed as columns.
I was trying to get their data listed in Data Viewer, but that’s not possible. Not much blocks available for Data Viewer also, it is a great feature, but pretty limited in options for putting the data in. On the other side, there is much more versatile ListViewer, but with limited display options.
From my point of view it would be better to have one but powerful component and be able to represent data and interact with it :slight_smile:

@neuheisser You are right, but the problem is that as the functionality of the list increases, its speed will decrease.

My demo project has an example of a custom ListViewer with images.

Would very much like to use this feature with Google sheets. But I can’t get it to work. The Selected Table field won’t allow me to select anything (it gives me a message that I need to pick a data source first; there’s a data source in the field above it); same problem with the binding fields.

Update. I tried it with Airtable and had no issues. When I try to select the Google sheet as a data source, the browser blanks out. When I refresh, it’s still selected on Airtable. When I have managed to get the Google sheet in that field, all the rest are non-responsive, as I said above.