I cannot connect to a Google Sheet?

I’ve decided to change my data source to a Google Sheet for my project. I don’t see how the project will scale now that I have chosen this data source but I still need to learn so much about Thunkable that I will use this project as a learning experience. I was able to setup a Google Sheet data source once but now I can not. I seem to be falling into the same situation as many others on this forum. It seems as though I can start the process of setting up a Google Sheet but it will not allow me to sign in to Google and pick the sheet. The sign in screen pops up for a moment and then goes away. I’ve read on this forum that many people are having the same issue. I’ve tried to follow steps that others have offered but still have not had any success. Is this feature one that you just have to get lucky to use? I don’t mean that in a mean way but since it did work once for me and not again I’m wondering what I have done wrong?

1 Like

This happens sometimes for no obvious reasons. Just write to Thunkable staff or mention them to fix your connection credentials.

1 Like

I’ve moved on to AirTable to see how this works.

1 Like

Remember, there are two connection methods for Airtable tables.

• Using Data Sources option.
  • Using component option.

These methods are both available in the Snap to place aka Legacy UI.

Only the Data Sources method will allow you to use the tables with the DVL.

2 Likes

I’m using the legacy ui option right now since the drag and drop method is still limiting some features and I’m trying to learn the tool. I started with the drag and drop approach and found out that the product has much more functionality then I thoughts since some components are missing still.

I went with the Data Source option for this first test and will learn from there.

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon @jane Would it be possible for you to reset my creds so that I can get my integration to Google working again please. Thank you.

Hi there,

I just reset the Google Sheet authorization for the email address associated with your Community account.

Is this the same email address as your Thunkable account?

If yes: did the reset work?
If no: can you please message myself or Domhnall with the email address associated with your Thunkable account?

3 Likes

@domhnallohanlon @jane would you also reset my account. I also can’t connect to a Google Sheet

1 Like

Hi there,

I just reset the Google Sheet authorization for the email address associated with your Community account.

Let me know if that worked for you!

2 Likes

Thanks @jane I will try after the problem with access to Thunkable servers is fixed.

I can no longer open up any of my projects now. I can see my projects page but when I click on one it does not open in the editor. I’ve tried this on two different machines. I’ve also made sure to log out and back in again.

I ran another test and I can create a new project.

OK, scratch everything I just said. The system is just running very slow. I had to wait a while and then my project opened. I was also successful in creating a new Google Sheet data source so the reset worked. Thank you very much!

3 Likes

@jane works for me too. Thanks!

@jane @domhnallohanlon Can you reset my Google stuff as well? I am not able to connect to a Google Sheet data source. Nothing happens when I select “Select a Sheet”.

2 Likes

@jane Can you reset my Google stuff as well? I am not able to connect to a Google Sheet data source. Nothing happens when I select “Select a Sheet”. Thanks!

Can you please reset my connection as I am not able to connect to Google sheets. Thanks

Can you please reset my connection as I am not able to connect to Google sheets. Thanks

Can you help reset my Google stuff as well? I am not able to connect to a Google Sheet data source. I cant get image property from column.

@Jane could you please do the same for me? I’m getting a blank when trying to connect to a sheet: