[Solved] Can not publish to iOS, problem with NSUserTrackingUsageDescription which is not used

Sorry just posted the same issue in a different post, Just to clarify if not using admob does it matter whats in the Tracking Usage Description box, Should it be deleted or left as default before submitting?

@jared My update loaded and is now live. I left the tracking field blank.

Thanks Thunk for a quick turn around

Baz

3 Likes

Same here, I got through. Yay. :slight_smile: :partying_face:

So, I also left the tracking field blank and then I was able to submit. And the update was published 6 hours ago.

So my timeline is:

Built a new build the time I wrote my previous message on this thread, which is now 23 hours ago. Then the update was reviewed and published 6 hours ago. So it seems that the new fix is working.

So thanks on my part too for the quick fix. :slight_smile:

But let me just leave you with two things. First of all, as noted here before, it would be good to have the tracking field empty by default, obviously. And as I mentioned before, it would be good to have the option to enable the tracking prompt and have the ability to do something with it (like I suggested in a previous message), for Apple is indeed asking for the prompt on certain occasions, which can even be showing the user a certain page on a web viewer (if Apple deems that the page is tracking, which they often are). I’m just saying that if not now already, this will become more urgent in the future at least.

Edit: So I raised this issue already a while ago on GitHub. There’s also a copy of messages I received from Apple reviewer regarding this, for example on the use of cookies & web viewer. Particularly:

“We noticed your app accesses web content you own where you collect cookies. However, you do not use App Tracking Transparency to request the user’s permission before collecting data used to track.”

You can read more here: Apple blocking publishing because of the webviewer doesn't have AppTrackingTransparency framework · Issue #1044 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub

So we’d need to have the prompt for even as mundane things as letting users to use the web viewer on certain pages. And naturally for things like AdMob it’s even more urgent I presume.

Thank you all!

2 Likes

FYI -
Just make sure you empty out the Android Id & iOS Id fields. If you keep any of these fields not empty, our build servers will add the nsusertrackingusagedescription.

Best,
Wei

2 Likes

Mine just got rejected again?
IDs and Tracking Usage Description fields all empty, published 20 hrs ago at 23.44 UK time.

@martint If you publish today, you shouldn’t run into this issue. If you do though, please ping me via DM and I will touch base with our engineering team.

2 Likes

Resubmitted mine last night, just now rejected, same message. All those fields are empty on mine.

1 Like

Resubmitted mine at 10:30am, EST. I received the same message from Apple that everyone else has been getting.

@dlmetzgerbcch and anyone else experiencing that issue after yesterday. Can you all send me your project ID’s in PMs so i can help sort things out for the team. And just to be sure, please take note of what @wei has below before publishing.

1 Like

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/6056410554e3dd0011f631f7/project/properties/designer

Android and iOS ID and Tracking Usage Description were all empty when submitted.

@dlmetzgerbcch did you try publishing since your previous message above?

Yes, I submitted Thursday night and got the rejection Friday afternoon (Vancouver time).

What seems wrong is that I get the pink banner saying there is an unresolved issue, I delete the “incorrect build” and add the new build, and save, but that banner is still there when I want to click Submit. My Privacy metadata says I am not collecting data, so there is no way to edit that metadata unless I say I am collecting data, then save that, and then change back to “not saving data”. Do you think that’s worth a try?

Anything is worth a try at this point to help solve this dang issue! Thank you for bearing with us!

OK, will do. Can you see the AdMob SDK in my code? Not sure why others have gotten this to work. Just re-publishing now. Will let you know.

Mine has finally gone through and been approved. :+1:

2 Likes

No luck, same message! The link warning was cleared after I clicked the Submit button, but it’s back now.

I just found this, I wonder is this could be the problem for some users:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/679585

But the privacy for my current build says “no tracking”.

1 Like

Same issue here. I received this message from apple
" Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

We still found that your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we are unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 15.1.

Next Steps

Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app. The request should appear before any data is collected that could be used to track the user.

If you’ve implemented App Tracking Transparency but the permission request is not appearing on devices running the latest OS, please review the available documentation and confirm App Tracking Transparency has been correctly implemented." Any suggestions?

BTW, iOS app ID, Android ID and Tracking Usage Description are empty fields.

I will try adding an “empty notification” to see if it works. I will add an admob video component (without using it), to display the notification apple is looking for. I will keep you posted

My publishing (Dec 10th, 09:34 BRT) was reject again too, but this time I noticed that only Guideline 2.1…Your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework…” was applied, 5.1.2 wasn’t mentioned.

Any updates?