Signal 6 was raised (null) with iOS 15

I have raised this bug in Github and provided detailed instructions to reproduce along with a video showing the issue.

Follow along here

2 Likes

I just added a comment that both DnD and StP are affected by this BUG.

1 Like

Hi there,
I have solved the problem, The main reason is mentioned above by Mr Muneer that is :"The actual problem is the app contains ads and the ads ID/Key is not saved in the project settings.’’.
You should fix that!
As for Admob, it still works very well. It has only one problem in the AdMob Settings, when you enter the IOS app ID, Android App ID, Tracking Usage Description, the Thunkable project doesn’t save it, publisher have to re-enter it, it would be great if the Thunkable Dev team fixes it . Do you really understand the problem?
I am very grateful to Mr Muneer! @muneer
Signal 6 was raised problem is completely solved, it just takes a bit of work.

1 Like

Hey @steven_dau :wave:

So sorry you’re also experiencing this issue. The engineers are working to fix this asap. You can follow along here!

1 Like

Same problem and I don’t have a ad mob component on my app.

In my app the string Tracking Usage Description is not empty (as you suggested I wrote: “This app accesses https://trawellit.it/ and Google Maps website. Your data may be shared with this website to facilitate functionality”) but the app crashes with the las web viewer (see the image).

How can i solve?
Thanks

Hey! Is it each screen that causes a crash or a specific screen?

A specific screen.
I have 3 web viewer: 1 goes on google my maps and 2 goes on my web sites. Only the last screen that goes on my web sites crashes.

How can i solve?
Thanks

can you share your project URL with me via DM?

sure

I have similar problem.

If i publish the app with empty Tracking Usage Description and IOS App ID (Under addMob).
Then I get the “Signal 6” error on pages with webivews.
If i then type something in IOS App ID (e.g. 1), then apple rejects the app with the message that I am tracking user data, but don’t explain why, and what happens if user opts out.
I don’t use addMob in the app, and would just like to publish the app without tracking, but can’t see how to do that… Any suggestions how to solve it in my case ?

Can you share youur app with me via dm @Claus_Holbech1

Same on my app.
I did a small app with a webview and It crashes once I launched it.
It works fine on the live but the download app crashes

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/5e43ba6c206b5f4c5a3da3862d1765dd

Most apps using web viewers. moving forward. will require the inclusion of app tracking permission strings.

@alex_ezacae @Claus_Holbech1

I updated our docs this morning to reflect Apples recent changes.

Snap to Place Publishing Docs

Drag and Drop Publishing Docs

2 Likes

Hi there,
Thunkable team fixed it already !
The only things you need to do is ADD Tracking usage description!

And one more thing to do is you need to update privacy in App store connect!
Hope it helps you!

2 Likes

Hi,
You can read my answer, your problem will be solved!

1 Like