Send WhatsApp Text

People adding or c/p their phone numbers. (ie +1 (152) 547-785-23 ) … Sometimes with + or () or - or with space so i created this block… But something wrong. I dont understand. I mean it doesnt work.

I think space and - deleting is not working.

This is not working too…

Telefon row means phone.
Anyone know that?

The first rule of troubleshooting is: simplify.

Does it work with just a text string without any get value blocks? If not, then the problem is not with your data source blocks. If it does work, then the problem is with your data source values or data source blocks.

I just added a text string and it worked. But when I made it in the form of a link creation beam that it should pull from airtabled, it didn’t work. Especially in one number it didn’t work at all, but when I add it directly to open the link of that number, it opens it without any problem. But unfortunately it does not work when it needs to pull it as a value.
But what is really interesting is that it only does this on one phone number. Of course I will solve this, but there is something I missed that I can’t see, I haven’t found it yet. Thank you anyway.

I had the same problem with some of the Whatsapp numbers, sometimes working and sometimes not. But what I noticed for sure is that when I open it directly, it opens without any problems. When I tried to open it as a value, there were numbers that it never opened and numbers that it opened.

Then you need to confirm that the value you think you are getting from Airtable is actually the value you are getting. Assign a label to the get value block and double-check it. There’s a known issue with the get value block not loading current values from a data source. It’s been explained that this is not a bug; it is by design.

I got a very interesting output. I asked it to write to Text Input. And the result I got was exactly the text that appeared without a link. Why doesn’t it recognize it as a link? I wrote the same at the bottom and it sees it as a link.

If I copy and paste the text without the link at the top and paste it wherever, it does not see it as a link. I copy it to the browser and it doesn’t work. But the link state at the bottom works normally.

How is this possible?

I’m not sure. Maybe there is a special character in the Airtable cell that is breaking the link.

Hello @doctorsof
Have you tried the share block instead of the open link?

I want to send a message directly to phone number so. Share blocks not included directly to whatsapp. They have sms etc.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.