Search function with data viewer using google sheets nor list viewer is working

Hi! My app uses a lot of MB so it is almost at the max 50MB, and I wanted to cut down the code. I used a list viewer and then coded each item into the list viewer, however, I felt that took up a lot of the space since it was a lot of code. I decided to delete it and use a date viewer list with google sheets to put all my items in, however, for the past couple of days, I am having a hard time creating a search function with it, which I was able to do with list viewer. There was a post that spoke about this, however, when I followed the code exactly, nothing happened. What can I do to be able to search items that are in a data list viewer?
-Thanks

1 Like

I created this sample project which you might find useful

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/600c35d2f153060012143dc8

I.replicated the code for my app and it didn’t work when I did it

1 Like

Can you show your code or provide a link to your project to check?

I erased it and tried another way (which didn’t work either), but when I tried the one that you showed I didn’t want to have the labels for matched, etc. So when I tried to change that out, it also didn’t work. I can send you show you the code that I have right now, that still doesn’t work for some reason

1 Like

1 Like

You have the opens event for screen “2” twice, better combine them into one. This has no effect on your problem but a good practice to do.

See my comments on your code

You are having your list of entirelist as list inside list which will result in the search function to fail. You need to remove the “list” with a gear which I circled in function “update entire list”

In your function “updatetemplist”, you are adding the variable to itself in the [in list…]. The first variable in the “in list” block should be a list and in this case “templist”.

I fixed it and it still doesn’t work. I will share the link:
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/63f78d423b29b2da249da688fc9ec83b

Wait I just figured out the issue

I changed it to search strings text and it was fixed

1 Like

Thank you for this, sir. I’ve been trying to replicate ur logic in mine… But my project gets data from Google Sheet. But it doesn’t work. Would u plz help check it out?
Google Sheet : Missions Efficiently Completing -- Andyman's Guide - Google Sheets

Thunkable :
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/7d292aee53de03f9b1633f967f6eaf47

1 Like

Without giving me access to the Google sheet I will not be able to test your code.

Sorry for the inconvenience… I updated the permission. It should be ok now.

1 Like

The sheet is still converted to local table. This prevents the test.

Another way is to send me a copy of the Google sheet so I can use it in the project.

First, thank you sir for kindly taking ur time for this.
Sec, I don’t find any direct message so that I could ask for ur personal email. I am new here, too. Maybe I missed it somewhere. But, I believe u can make a copy of it like this…

Or maybe if u don’t mind spending sometimes to make a sample app linked up with any google sheets. I just want Thunkable to read row from Google Sheet and most importantly, search “english text” while user is typing. And then show only one row or two which matched the result in the Data Viewer table.
Thank youuu, sir.

1 Like