Save to airtable form list view

Hi guy,

recently i found vlookup project from someone and i converted to airtable database and it worked for filtering data.

however when i try save to airtable and does not save at all. probably i can get advice for block below.

1 Like

The green “item” block in the “List_Viewer2 Item Click” block has the value of the item name (its text). The green “index” block has the value of the item’s position in the list. For the row id in your “update value” block, you need to use the index value, not the item value.

1 Like

@tatiang
Yes you are correct but it will not update anyway.

Airtable expects a row id of 32 character alphanumeric format not the item position in a list viewer.

@tatiang
if i am using “index” it will save but it went to wrong row. for example i click officer1 and click on 1239 then press button update it will save first row at airtable.

1 Like

@muneer

any solution for that issue in your opinion?

1 Like

Of course there is a way.

GetAllRows first and then loop through the rows to match your criteria. When found update that specific row.

@muneer
where should i do that? at listview2 or button 3?

1 Like

In Button3 click event

Airtable is also fussy about format, so you may also need to check that the column you’re changing a value in matches the expected format. I’ve had it decide that a column was a drop down format with only a few values allowed, then fail without a clear error when I sent a different value.

1 Like