Publishing to App Store Problems

Tried to publish a social networking app via App Store Connect. It was rejected for the reasons given below. The first issue is moot. The system has a blocking function. The other issues are beyond my scope of abilities. Any thoughts or suggestions?

From Apple

1. 2 Safety: User Generated Content
    1. 1.1 Legal: Privacy - Data Collection and Storage
    1. 8 Design: Sign in with Apple

Guideline 1.2 - Safety - User Generated Content

We found in our review that your app includes user-generated content but does not have all the required precautions. Apps with user-generated content must take specific steps to moderate content and prevent abusive behavior.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to implement the following precautions:

• A mechanism for users to block abusive users

Resources

Learn more about our policies for user-generated content in App Store Review Guideline 1.2.

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access the camera, but doesn’t sufficiently explain the use of the camera in the purpose string.

To help users make informed decisions about how their data is used, permission request alerts need to explain and include an example of how your app will use the requested information.

Next Steps

Please revise the purpose string in your app’s Info.plist file for the camera to explain why your app needs access and include an example of how the user’s data will be used.

You can modify your app’s Info.plist file using the property list editor in Xcode.

Resources

Guideline 4.8 - Design - Sign in with Apple

Your app uses a third-party login service, but does not offer Sign in with Apple. Apps that use a third-party login service for account authentication need to offer Sign in with Apple to users as an equivalent option.

Next Steps

Please revise your app to offer Sign in with Apple as an equivalent option for account authentication.

Any help is appreciated!

1 Like

Hi there,

For the first piece of feedback, you need to build some mechanism so that if A blocks B, B cannot view A’s profile or contact A through your app. B’s content should also be hidden from A by default. Many services would give A the option of viewing B’s content/profile, but I don’t think this is a necessary feature.

What purpose string do you currently give in your Camera Permissions section of your project settings?

Does your app only offer Firebase sign in, or have you integrated some other sign in service as well?

2 Likes

As for the blocking feature, it’s already taken care of. With regard to purpose strings, how exactly do I add them? I added the camera as an invisible element but there is no way to input a the purpose string there. Any suggestions? As for the sign on, I will be working to develop it shortly.

1 Like

You can enter purpose strings for components such as the Camera in your Project Settings.

Open the Settings tab, and scroll to iOS permissions. You should see a field where you can input a purpose string for your Camera.

1 Like

I have that problem,
I enter purpose strings but it not work?

How to solve problem?

You have a short, somewhat vague explanation (“Record Voice and sound”). Did you click on the “helpful, informative purpose strings” link to see examples? What did you find there? Can you share that link?

What exactly do you use the microphone for in your app and how does that data get used, stored and shared?

1 Like