Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage fo CAMERA and PHOTO

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access their camera and photos but does not clarify the use of this feature in the permission modal alert.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise the permission modal alert to specify why the app is requesting access to the user’s camera and photos.

The permission request alert should specify how your app will use this feature to help users understand why your app is requesting access to their personal data.

Resources

For additional information and instructions on configuring and presenting an alert, please review the Requesting Permission section of the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and the Information Property List Key Reference. You may also want to review the Technical Q&A QA1937: Resolving the Privacy-Sensitive Data App Rejection page for details on how to provide a usage description for permission request alerts.

Learn more about Protecting the User’s Privacy.

Binary Rejected…From Itunes Connect Resolution Center…

I am using only Photo Library component. What did write Alert component?

I want to change Photo Alert like this.

%5D
I want to change this alert message when i click for photo gallery or like that.

Resolution Center’s send me a message on Itunes Connect.

We still noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access their camera and photos but does not clarify the use of this feature in the permission modal alert.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise the permission modal alert to specify why the app is requesting access to the user’s camera and photos.

The permission request alert should specify how your app will use this feature to help users understand why your app is requesting access to their personal data.

I already did it.

14%20PM
Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 5.27.14 PM.png494x662 11.5 KB

New added this section. Happy for Thunkable. Thanks @mike

1 Like

You found it in your project?

Yes i am waiting itunes connect.

Great! Let us know result. Thanks.

Thats ok it done.
But android version is not Good working. It has lots of bug! Why this happening? Ios version is good working also.

@doctorsof, Sorry for your Android issues. Can you send us a share link for this project and directions on how to test it in order to show the bugs?

-Mark

Android: https://goo.gl/dFWYSW
Ios: https://goo.gl/hTqUzd

@doctorsof I think that we have discovered the bug that is causing your Android app to crash and should have a fix deployed soon.

-Mark

I hope so. Because same code you know. Thats crashing on android app. Ios app is good working also. I am looking forward you.
Thanks

When will you fix theese bugs, tell Me for update @Mark

It should be included with our next release. We’re hoping to get that out early next week but the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. might make that difficult. In that case it might not be until early the week after that.

-Mark

iOS Permissions doesnt seen again any copy project sir.
For Camera and Photos

Bug: when making a copy of an existing project, the new project does not show the textboxes for iOS permissions! Today I missed a review, because I had not described the need for camera etc.

Workaround: when your project has for example a camera, just add a second camera, then the “iOS permissions” show up. Afterwards the second camera can be deleted.