Publish won't recognise the .cer file

See image, possible explanation?

Hi @Porche_Berry , today I managed to upload my App to the App Store for the first time, I had a hard time. As far as I remember I tried to generate a Certificate for three times, the last time was successful because I changed the filename of the CSR file. Please try to rename (for example) “user_12345678” to “user_12345678.csr” before uploading.

It is really important that you can only generate two certificates from Apple, maybe you have to delete one. I hope that helps. If not please tell me, I will try to review my process in getting the certificate.

unfortunately I am still getting the same error message

it may be helpful to know that I’m using the CSR file that thunkable generates but I’m not sure if that makes a difference

It may sound stupid, but it is essential to follow the instructions told from Thunkable’s documentation (“Publish to App Store (iOS)”):

• go to Apple developers website
  • go to “Certificates” -> click on “All”.
    There should be at least only one existing certificate. If you have two (or more?) certificates, you have to revoke them. After revoking it could take one hour or so to have the changes active.
  • request a new certificate. Avoid special characters! Don’t forget to click on “Production -> App store and ad hoc”.
  • Upload the CSR-File. For me, the “CSR”-File from Thunkable worked! Please rename it (see my first reply).
  • the generated “.cer” File should work.
    Hope that helps…
1 Like

ok I’ll try again

followed the directions to the letter and I’m still getting the exact same error message

Are you using Chrome as the browser?

Wei

yes I am, I’m on a chromebook. Is it a typical issue for chrome?

I’ve just gone through 15 different browsers and get the exact same error message each time

I don’t think the problem is with the browser. It could relate to your chromebook. Can you try on a Window or Mac machine? I am sure iOS publish is working on the Window or Mac machine.

Best,
Wei

1 Like

Our engineer @tingccc is already have a fix for Chromebook. We will release within the next two days. Is that OK with you?

Best,
Wei

2 Likes

yes, thank you!

The fix was just released. When you get a chance, please give it another try. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Best,
Ting

2 Likes

I had managed to submit it for review using the browser on my iphone prior to your first comment. I know I will have to update the code when thunkable releases the build update so I will submit from my laptop and update here when I do :slight_smile:

2 Likes