Project detail page, WebPreview audio problems

Hi! I was testing an app, with WebPreview on the Project detail page, the audio that was supposed to play from the app, wasn’t playing (keep in mind my Audio on my computer was 100). But when I remixed the app, and viewed it in WebPreview, within editing the app (NOT the Project detail page), then it does play the audio. Any explanation?

No… no idea! Because you haven’t show us your blocks. Please include a link to a project and/or screenshots with every question. The most important question is where is the audio hosted? Is it uploaded to the project or is it via a url? What is the exact url?

I doubt it has to do with the blocks, because it works perfectly fine on the Live App, and WebPreview, (within editing), just the preview project detail page has this problem… The audio just doesn’t play on the preview in the project detail page, but every other method of testing has audio. (including WebPreview within the editing Page). But heres the link anyway: Thunkable

BTW, here’s why I created the app: [Solved] Creating a timed alert with no buttons

Oh, if it doesn’t work in the project preview… is that a problem? I assume you’ll be publishing it as a mobile app, right?

Your blocks are pretty straightforward:

The if condition definitely triggers on the project details page. From my limited testing, it seems that sounds just don’t play on the project details page because even if I copy the play block to the when screen opens block, nothing happens.

I put it in as “Issues/Bugs” since I found while testing that, that one page, meant for testing, doesn’t play audio. And no I’m not publishing the app, because if you checked the link on why I was creating the app, you would see its just a beta testing app, for someone.

1 Like

I get that, I just don’t see why the person you’re helping would ever need to go to the project details page when they can just preview it in a browser from inside the project. That was the first time in several years that I’ve ever previewed a project by going to the project details page. I forgot it was even possible. But still, it would be nice if audio worked everywhere.

1 Like

(I gave him the link to the project detail page, not the actual project, and it might’ve seemed to the person that there might be a issue with what I created.)

I think this is something Thunkable Staff can investigate, a small but noticeable bug. @matt_conroy

Thanks for your help @tatiang

1 Like

I can ask around and see if this is a bug or intended behavior. As Tatian pointed out, this may be because sounds just do not play on the project details page as a rule.

1 Like