Problem with 'Background Picture' used for buttons

Hello Thunkers! :slightly_smiling_face:

I created a mobile app for our library in the fall of 2021. I’m not an IT/programmer, just an enthusiastic amateur… so this is a very simple little app. However, it worked fine until a few weeks ago. Then I made some minor modifications, e.g. I replaced the image that appears when clicking on the ‘Application Info’ menu item. Afterwards, I checked the changes to make sure everything was correct. Viewed on my laptop, the live test was perfectly fine. But the live test looked pretty bad on my mobile: the background pictures I used for the buttons were sliding back and forth. I was hoping that it was just a mistake of the Thunkable live app… Then I downloaded the APK and it turned out that, unfortunately, the buttons’ background pictures had slipped in the same way. So I didn’t dare to upload AAB to the Google Play Store, because I was afraid that this error would remain in it. :frowning_face:

I am attaching some screenshots to make my problem clearer.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the error? Or what would be the solution to my problem? I didn’t change the background pictures of the buttons at all during the last modificaion… so I’m really confused… :worried:

Thank you very much in advance for your help! :blush:
(And sorry for my English, it’s not my native language.)

Hello @konyvtarimano and welcome back! :wave:

A lot of updates have been made on the platform since 2021 so this is the reason you have the design issue with your components.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is an easy way to fix them, the best that you can do is to remove the components with the issue and add them again to the project.
Could you please try it and let me know if it worked?

Thank you very much for the quick reply! :slightly_smiling_face:
Of course, I will definitely try what you advised and write if I managed to solve the problem with it!

1 Like

Hello @ioannis!

I had some time over the weekend and tried what you advised: I deleted the problematic buttons and replaced them with new ones. But unfortunately the result was the same. :slightly_frowning_face: However, I set all the values in the same way as before… In other words, in the case of Sizing under the Advanced tab, I filled in all the fields like this:

Then it occurred to me to check the setting options under the Simple tab as well. I never filled in the Background Picture Resize Mode and the Height and Width options there until now… Well, I thought, now it’s a test of luck, I’ll fill them in as well! :grin:
In fact, I entered the same data as in the case of the Advanced tab, thus:

And it works!!! :blush: So the only problem was that these few fields had to be filled in for the Simple tab as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.