Deleting a block is like deleting hours of work, with no undo and no backup.
When coding from scratch, you would have backups, or use GitHub, or at least have an undo button in your IDE…
With Thunkable the Delete button is right next to the Collapse (let’s call it the ‘tidy’) button
Please, PLEASE can we either:
- move that option down,
- have it as a sub-menu,
- make it a keyboard shortcut,
- make the trash bin interactive (but not part of the exported app code),
- have a history tab to bring back older versions,
- be able to save blocks (or functions),
- a combination of the above
- or have a popup for blocks over about 50?
For example: “Are you SURE you want to delete 150 blocks which took you AGES?”
I mean I only deleted 50 blocks, but there was some logic in there that I had to think about
Poll below for those who would like to vote:
- Dear Thunkable, please add an Undo button!
- We don’t need a basic feature like that.
P.S. A “Preview” button has been added to the Designer, that IMHO doesn’t add a new feature, we already have the live app for example, but this ‘undo’ feature is pretty important, and I would have thought already existed - so I’m really hoping this happens, soon!