Please stop deleting my stuff

On a few occasions now my work deletes when Thunkable does an update. I have lost hours of work. Please find a way to back up the files ahead of updating. And if it’s a case of not being able to use thunkable while you update then make that happen. I’d rather that than losing hours of work every update

How often do you save a new copy of your project? Before I had an account with version history, I used to create a new copy every 15 minutes or so to make sure I never lost more than that.

Sorry I thought it saved automatically with it being online. My mistake. I’ll make sure to save it manually.

It is saved automatically but sometimes the save doesn’t happen because the browser cache interferes (or something like that) so I’m always careful to make backups.

Hello @sammy-wrightcuhb,
We understand how frustrating it must be for you and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

In general, it is always a good practice to keep backups of your projects. Moreover, we have already published a fix for the issue and are constantly working on ways to prevent losing creators’ work in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry to reopen this but I can confirm it was not my mistake this time. I followed your advice in saving versions as I went. The last save I made was at 5:03pm. At 5:15 I tested the app on thunkable live and found that it was an old version.
“No problem! I have a saved version from just 10 minutes ago!”
I load this version up to find that what it has actually saved was a version from a few hours ago. I’m tired of losing literally hours of work. This is something I do on the side and I am not a coder so what might take you a few minutes takes me a lot longer. Not least because I have to figure out how to get the program to do what I expect it to. Finally working something like that out is rewarding but having it all taken away again is very demoralizing.

Surely there is a very simple fix for this. Simply stop us being able to use it when you do the updates. Then we can’t lose any work. I appreciate my limited understanding might mean that’s not as simple as it sounds to me. But can’t you put a warning up or something so that when I load it I know there’s a chance of me losing work?

It’s my blindly carrying on expecting all to be well that I can’t stand. If I was given fair warning I couldn’t blame anyone.

Hello @sammy-wrightcuhb,
I am really sorry that you lost your work. Thank you for the suggestion to put a warning when we update our platform, I will share it with the team.

Could you please share more information about the progress that you lost?
Was it entire screens? Blocks? Components? This info will help the engineers to identify the problem. We would understand if the version wasn’t saved or it wasn’t possible to restore it. This way we will be able to prevent it from happening again.

If you’re on our Pro plan or above, you can always get expedited support by clicking on the Help icon and selecting “Contact Support” in the top right Menu bar in your Project Page.

Ok thankyou I didn’t know about that support. I’ll have a look.

It wasn’t entire pages no. It was just reverting to old versions of a page. So I would lose blocks in the blocks editor and the UI would revert to an old UI (I design a bit then change my mind about how it should look a fair bit as I learn more)