OneSignal deep linking

I am trying to have data passed to the App when the user clicks on the notification. Specifically, I want my app to recognize the data passed and go directly to a section of the App.

Is there any news on OneSignal deep linking? And specifically on the OneSignal’s “Additional data” function?

1 Like

Currently Thunkable doesn’t support deep linking to particular parts of your app.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. However, in the OneSignal documentation it seems it would be possible to work it with Java, but I don’t see how the App should recognize that the App itself has been opened through the notification.

Can we request this very IMPORTANT feature to Thunkable?

As far as I can see from the previous comments in the community I have seen a few message from @domhnallohanlon from March 2021 saying that they were working on it.

1 Like

This is accurate. We do not support it at this time the way we have and are still considering it as a potential candidate to be added in the future. It’s not been x’d off the list yet, it’s also not trivial to implement. Hopefully we can do this sooner than later!

Can you tell me more about your app and how you’d want to use this feature? What does it add to have or take away by not having?

I can take this info back to the team when we meet next! :slight_smile: no promises but the more info on a topic the better to help us understand how to prioritize things.

2 Likes

For me, if i send a user a notification that lets say “someone sent you a message” I would like to click on that notification to be able to go right to my messages and see that message. I’m sure they are hundreds of use cases for deep linking.

1 Like

Thanks Jared. I would say that if an App displays multiple contents and I send a notification referring to a particular content it’s very important that the user is directed to the content he clicked through the notification. At this time the App opens to the main screen and this drastically reduces the user experience. Hope this helps in terms of implementing this feature.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.