Need to view items from one list in another screen

Hey,

So, im creating an app that allows the user to create a wishlist, and these wishlists can be stored and then viewed in another screen. now my problem is, when I click on a specific list name on screen “Saved Lists” it shows the items from all the other lists.

this is my project link : Thunkable
this is my google sheet data storage link : The actual List - Google Sheets

Any help would be useful,
Thank you

I need some more info. Do these lists need to be available online? Can people view others wish list like how Amazon does it?

Edit: Just took a look at your project. Do you need to use the data viewer to display more info on products or do you just need a basic list of items?

Hello,

No these lists do not need to be online, if u mean like In the web. I haven’t thought if other people need to view It but I dont think so, they just need to view their own lists that they have saved previously.

I just need the basic list items of the list they select that they had inputted.

Thank youuu

Edit: I also changed a few things in the app today, so it might be different as I tried to use IDs , but it still is so confusing and doesn’t work.

Check this out for now.

Edit: Also, you can create a local table that is stored on the phone. You will need to go this route as you cannot create new sheets for each user that downloads your app.

This one
table

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/d013f18ea7578bc12df83698fc6baea5

Im not sure why it’s not working , but when I create a new list and then click on it, it shows a blank page.

edit: ohhh I see, im sorry
but how do it? do I need to update the same table ?

Create a local table and setup your data viewer to the correct sheet. Change any blocks not related to that new sheet

The rest are working but I still cannot view the items on a new list I made .

I tried making a whole new local storage table -
https://x.thunkable.com/projects/6587599bbbbc9717d1995498/3f232d04-8fb1-4af0-9e6e-f67668dd8be4/designer

I’m not sure if this is what you meant.

edit: also if they want to edit or remove any item would the update still be saved after the app is closed?

Edit 2: It works now, your demo app helped me create one. THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!!:pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

You’re welcome!

P.S. And yes, the data stored in the local table is saved unless you change this option here. Also keep in mind that you won’t be able to see the saved data when you try to view it in the data sources.

1 Like

yup realized that, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.