Data viewer list with multiple sheets - moving from sheet to sheet for data source

I’m trying to setup a data viewer list with multiple sheets. What I want to be able to do is drill down through data. I’m using Google sheets for the list.

Specifically, I want to have a top sheet that provides a list of inspection types (this is for my own use). When I click on an item in the list, I want the list to reload with data from the appropriate sheet. (To be more descriptive here, let’s say I have a list of inspection types that includes general inspectors, termite inspectors, and plumbing inspectors. When I select general inspectors, I want it to take me to the sheet with the name GeneralInspectors and load that data in the list.) That sheet will provide me the names of various inspectors. From there, I can select an inspector and be taken to a detail page. I’d like to be able to drill through the list, all on one screen, with only the detail page being separate.

I know how to setup a data viewer list to go to the detail page. But I don’t know how to setup a list so that when a selection is made, it loads another list from on a different sheet, from the same data source. Anyone ever tried this? I couldn’t find anything in the forum.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Likes

You cannot change the Data Sources or table or column programmatically of a Data Viewer List.

The only workaround is to have a Local Storage table which is bound to the Data Viewer List and you will use it to add the required data in it.

See this sample project
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5fb9fb1dbfeb240011084d78

2 Likes

You could also have multiple Data Viewer Lists and when the user switches between sheets, you actually make the first Data Viewer invisible and the right one visible.

3 Likes

I just wanted to let you know that I used a variation of your suggestion. I placed data viewer lists in columns and depending upon the button that a user presses to get to the list, the appropriate column is displayed, along with the appropriate list, and all other columns/lists are hidden. This allowed me to setup a program on one screen that has nine separate lists on it. I really appreciate the suggestion.

3 Likes

Awesome, so glad to hear it worked for you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. Could you tell me how to place a data viewer list in a column?
Thanks!