Loops and variables and spreadsheet blocks

BLOCKS

I WANT TO DO APP WHICH RETRIEVES ONE COLOUMN OF DATA OF LATTITUDES OF 8 LOCATIONS FROM AIRTABLE SPREADSHEET AND STORES IT INTO ANOTHER SPREADSHEET WITH VARIABLE VALUE BUT WHEN I EXECUTE THE APP EVERY TIME IM GETTING DIFFERENT SEQUENCE OF VARIABLE VALUES

First of all, welcome to the community!

Regarding your question, you can try changing the variables to app variable instead of stored variable, as the value of stored variables will persist after the app has closed.

1 Like

but i have used app variable also see the result

I mean the counters i and j
Capture(19)
(This is taken from your project :thinking::thinking:)

no no i changed that stored variables to app variables and checked but still having wrong results shown above

pls give solution to this programme its giving wrong variable sequence when executing no of times

Can you send me an updated version of the project? It’d be better to troubleshoot that way.

this is my updated projectCapture%20app

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/b0ccc93e07b44919274ca864a64d6ec0

1 Like

hi guys i need help from u
i have airtable spreadsheet having data related to 10 locations of poles (Lattitude, Longitude, No of pole, name of pole, type of pole)
i want to get row and make a list with that how to do ?

Do you want a list of sub-lists containing the data or a list containing the row objects?

By the way, you needn’t define the counter for the loop. Thunkable will do that automatically when you use the loop block.
Perhaps that could solve your problem.

1 Like

Hi, you can see an example of work on the screen scrAirTable. Hope it helps.

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5d370bd8814895afb4300c50/project/properties/designer/

So, I think there are a few things going on with the referenced blocks. The first, as @renren66 mentions, is the use of separate variables within the loop rather than the ones that the loop provides by default. The second is the explicit change change blocks to increment the variables. The loop block will do that for you automatically.

The last is a bit more complicated. Fortunately I wrote something up on this previously, so please take a look at Asynchronous Blocks within Loops. It refers to the Realtime DB component rather than the Spreadsheet component but the concept is the same.

Hope this helps.

-Mark