Local DB Data Viewer List not updating

Hello friends. I’ve searched Google, searched the forums, searched Reddit (no results), and watched many videos. Non-the-less I can’t seem to figure out why my Local DB data viewer wont update until I close the app and reopen it. I saw that someone else had the same problem but it was from June 2020. I’ve tried everything and it doesn’t seem to adjust.

I tried the live test and even tried the APK download to see if it was a communication error or something else. I am new at this (literally my first project on here) and not sure where else to look for answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m training to become a Behavioral Therapist and this app is supposed to be for my mentor and myself so that we can help people when they are at home without contact with us.

Problem: Data Viewer List (Local DB) wont update when I save a new note or delete an old one. The functions work, they just wont display until I exit the app and reload. I will attach a screencap of my blocks on the data viewer page. Let me know if there is anything else that would help.

P.S. Strangely enough, I had it working at one point but then something changed and now it wont.

Thank you in advance.

What happens if you swipe left on a data_viewer_list1 item and then refresh the data viewer list data? Does that row’s item disappear from the displayed data?

@tatiang Actually, when I swiped left and then pulled down to refresh, it worked. The screen reflected the changes. It added the notes I saved to the view list.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Try adding a Refresh Data block to the delete row’s do section. And see if that works without the need for a manual pull-down refresh.

1 Like

Late reply; it did in fact work. When I added the block to refresh it updates upon delete. Now I just need to add that function to creating a new note on the other page! Thank you for the help. Unrelated question if you know the answer…
Do I have to be a paid subscription to unlock columns and wrapping text input boxes?

In any case, thank you for the help on my project!

1 Like

You’re welcome. And nope, having a Pro membership won’t affect that. The basic membership isn’t really any different as far as most blocks are concerned. You just get more features and publishing options.

1 Like