Latest Thunkable PRO Release - Remove Thunkable Branding from Initial Screen

Hi, it realy looks bad to just take the icon image for start screen, could there be an option to select a diffetend image full width, height?

2 Likes

Hi @sven.esser86s315, welcome to the community :wave:

This is a great suggestion - thanks for sharing.

While this feature isn’t available yet, what I usually do is change the background colour to match the background of the logo, my “Cartographr” sample app has an example of this in action.

2 Likes

Thanks for reply so fast,

i am looking and only see bg color in the screen1 section, there i already have put the color, but its not showing. the app settings where i put the icon there is no option to set bg color.

1 Like

I see it now, I’ll check if we can do anything to add more customisation options to this.

2 Likes

@domhnallohanlon I am a paid PRO subscriber, and I still can’t seem to get rid of that Made with Thunkable text and logo, even after uploading my own app icon. Also, that link from Albert at the very top of this page that says “see instructions here” doesn’t work. One of the main reasons people pay for PRO is so they don’t have to deal with this. Been on Google and Thunkable forums for hours trying to solve this. Kinda frustrating. How do I get rid of/customize that splash screen?

You must add an icon for your app. On the left tab where you can see all the components in the designer, scroll to the top and click on your app name.

This will change the properties section on the right of your screen to properties for the app. Here you can change app icon, firebase settings and much more.

Please keep in mind that due to a bug in Apples iOS you will usually see the Thunkable branding for a short time on the downloaded apps but this will not affect your apps once published to the App Store.

1 Like

This bug was, to the best of my knowledge, fixed shortly after you reported it @Chris

Have you seen it popping up again recently?

Yes - it still seems to happen to my iOS apps when I directly download a new app (not the same project) without uninstalling the old one first.

For example I installed a new app and it still would show an old icon splash screen that I used in another app before the actual „Made with Thunkable“ Splash appears (currently paused my premium subscription).

I think one of the Thunkable techs told me then that this was caused by an iOS/React Native cache bug…

Best, Chris

Interesting - so will uninstalling and reinstalling the new project fix this issue?

1 Like

Yes - I guess some kind of cache is deleted when you uninstall it :thinking:

Best, Chris

I signed up for a pro membership. but splash screen is still thunkable? even though i loaded the icon separately. What is happening?

1 Like

does not work

This option is not available to PRO members anymore. You need to sign for Business Plan to get custom branding.