We are excited to announce one of our largest releases to date – 2 new components, a ton of new advanced properties for our visible components and a host of platform updates. All new features for iOS are also available for those of us in our ✕ beta.
Please make sure that you download the latest companion apps for iOS and Android ✕.
- Sign In powered by Firebase - our first ever authentication component, enables easy set up for email sign-in
- Media Database powered by Cloudinary - support for image, audio and video upload which returns a url
- Most Visible components (Screen, TextInput, Label, Column, Row, Image, ListViewer, WebViewer, Maps, Google Maps) - a ton of advanced properties (many not yet documented) have been added including padding, margin, border & user location (Maps / Google Maps)
- Realtime DB powered by Firebase - simplified set-up for those using their own private account; pairs well with Sign In
- (✕ beta only) Installing an Android .apk no longer requires uninstalling the Thunkable companion app
- Easier discoverability of uploading files (now in the bottom left under the component tree)
- Error message when dropping a Navigator or Screen to the Phone previewer; they can only be added to the Visible components section of the tree
- Small updates to sharing by link and notifications during download and publish
Team @ Thunkable