Issue with "when Screen Starts" event since Jan 12, 2021

downloaded a version from the staging environment for ios

1 Like

Any guess about the solution to this problem? For example a week, a day? I have to do an update now.
It shouldnā€™t spoil something while doing something ā€¦

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. The multiple screen opens and the iOS status bar color issue are the two issues holding us back from releasing app updates since quite a while now.

Thanks again for looking into those.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

We have released v255 on Production that should fix the working of screen starts block identified since Jan 12.
Please update your Android and iOS Thunkable Live apps to the latest version to get the updates.

We are looking into the multiple screen opens issue and will keep you updated. Thanks!

3 Likes

@janhavidahihande,

I downloaded Android Thunkable Live Test 25501. The screens from my demonstration app render correctly and the start and open events appear to also work correctly (start events once on app load, open event each time I swipe from scree to screen).

Iā€™m still waiting on the APK Download (pretty slowā€¦)

The web Live Test and published responsive web app do not render the labels, but the events occur as indicted by the text to speech blocks. https://thunkable.site/w/zsGAQLgHw

1 Like

itā€™s really a disappointment.
A date to solve this please

@janhavidahihande,

I modified my app so that it does not use a navigator and I changed the background colors (see link below). To navigate from screen to screen, each screen has a button with a navigate to block.

It appears that for screen 1, the start event occur just once when the app is loaded (Android Live Test) and the open event occurs each time the screen is displayed (as it should). But the start AND open events occur EVERY time screen 2 is displayed.

Interestingly, if I use the back button on the floating bottom menu of the app, it walks back through multiple versions of screen 1 and screen 2. It almost appears that each time the Navigate To block is used, a new instance of the screen is created. That might explain why each time screen 2 is naviagted to both a start and open event occurs.

I believe the repeated start events may be causing the flashing that @emregoker is eluding to. Or is there a different problem you are noticing?

Additionally, it has been over half an hour since I started my APK download. Are the download servers having any problems?

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/77d404afbedcd139aa25d6d08111020d

1 Like

My application only has ā€œopensā€ blocks.
And there is only one on each screen. Iā€™ve checked this over and over.
Only the first screen has refreshed itself twice in the past. Now, All screens load twice

This is my first screen

I just tested on Thunkable Live v255 on Android and the issues I reported on Jan 12 have been resolved. Will check on iOS tomorrow.
Thank you!

1 Like

it solved. thank you!

1 Like

Just tested on my iPhone and the issue still persists. I will continue testing tomorrow and report back.

The issue is resolved on iOS as well using Thunkable Live version 255-1.

The two remaining issues now are:

1. The iOS status bar color not matching the one of the screenā€™s background (link) - Pending since November 2020
2. The multiple screen starts when the app launches (link) - Pending since September 2020

@janhavidahihande we would be forever grateful if those two could be tackled soon.

Thanks
K

5 Likes

Hey @drted - Iā€™m looking at this project again and when I preview it in the latest version of Thunkable Live on Android I hear:

• Start Screen 1
  • Open Screen 1
  • Start Screen 2

Then swiping back and forth between tabs announces the screen this is opened.

This feels like the expected behaviour to me, right?

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon,

On android devices, both the audio and the label work as I would expect. I havenā€™t tested iOS.

The web preview and live test are still a mess (see zipped video below)

Thunkable - Google Chrome 2021-02-20 17-52-12_Trim.zip (563.4 KB)

Frankly, there are sooooo many problems with web apps, I canā€™t imagine trying to deploy one. Iā€™d rather have the devices working correctly than break the devices in pursit of a web fix that isnā€™t really relevant for production apps.

2 Likes