Thunkable X, Block (Screen Starts) And (Screen Opens) There is no difference

What’s the difference between these two blocks, and why the description is same.
Screenshot (28) Screenshot (29)

Regards,
Salman Dev

1 Like

The [Starts] event occurs when the screen first initialised while the [Opens] event occurs every time the screen is opened or becomes active.

4 Likes

To add to @muneer, take note that the first time the screen opens if you have both blocks in your program, both event will trigger together.

3 Likes

Of course I know, so the problem is that the block function is same

but I don’t use 2 blocks in my app, I only use 1 block (Screen Opens) but the (Screen Opens) block functions is same as (Screen Starts)

Yes, in a sense you are right. most case they are the same. It will make a difference if you have cloud data of variables to down load or initializing when the screen starts. Like downloading an airtable for “log in” process for example. You only want to do it once, so as not to slow your app or incur data bandwidth for user… and hence use “start” instead of “open”.

Yes, you’re right they function the same but there is a trivial difference in timing. I use the [Starts] event to verify database objects and set objects in screen as visible/non-visible because this event is actually triggered before the screen appears on the mobile display while [Opens] event is triggered after the screen is displayed.
I see it as a good way of organizing blocks and break down a long process into two; one before the screen is displayed and one after.

2 Likes

@muneer.jm.alshaikh66, @gobassky So what about this problem I’m confused, and I hope the Thunkable X developer can solve this problem.

Best Regards
Salman

1 Like

Keep in mind that there is a significant difference depending the navigator type you use (or not). Play around, you will be suprised!

There are major and minor differences between them.
They are not the same. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

you mean the difference is only from the name,
because I’ve researched it and the only difference is the name.

Regards,
Salman

No there are other differences also (other than the name)

1. The “screen starts” occurs when all the things(like images) are loaded then the screen starts.
    While whenever the screen opens the second event occurs.
  2. “Screen starts” occurs only once. While “screen open” occurs every time the screen opens.
1 Like

hmm, yes I understand, but when I tested it on my device (open screen) it can open up to 5x and (Start Screen) can open up to 3x.
so in my opinion there is no difference, because it is still a bug

Since you don’t provide a link to your project with this behavior, I doubt that your question can be resolved at all.

1 Like

What, now I say to you, do I have to make a project for the block problem

This guy :joy:

Salman, please remember they are trying to help and they are not paid.

1 Like

To understand the problem, you need to see it. If you think otherwise, then we will wait on the forum of a psychic. Perhaps he can see the problem through distance and time ))

I want to draw your attention to the fact that you do not have to do anything. You decide how to talk about your problem. I’m just wondering why such a simple question can’t be solved for the third day?

2 Likes

Okay, i got it :+1:t2: :bearded_person:t2:

Dear @actech , this problem can not be fixed by me, this problem can only be fixed by thunkable developer, do you understand

I read the entire topic, but sorry, I still didn’t understand the problem.

You make it sound like it’s a developer problem. OK, but in this case, my device and other users should have the same problem. But I don’t have it, because I have Start and Open working as they say in the documentation.

There is a saying: it is better to see once than to hear 100 times. Here is a simple example that shows the difference between Start and Open.

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5b1fa047c1b0c8cb896dfa10/project/properties/designer/

If you think that there is no difference between Start and Open, then choose one of them and use it.

If you do not agree, then show your app with the problem, because I personally do not see the problem, but only see words that are not proof.

2 Likes