Issue with IAP Subscription [Oct 2022]

Link has been fixed within the documentation.
You have to enable IAP on Google’s side as well. For convenience, here is the link to the google monetization side: Monetize with ease | Google Play Console

1 Like

Hi there, just want to show some updates.

Unfortunatly, i didn’t find a solution yet.
Just to clarify, as I said it used towork before, so every set up for payments, cards, name of the product ecc… it’s something i took care already.

I followed all the steps in these docs and managed to fix a little thing i was missing.

I was just setting the name of the product ID through blocks, but since I added it here, i have some improvements
thunkable support 1

These are still my blocks, but know instead of:

The problem is that when the button is clicked, no errors appear on Label153, but neither the purchase page. The button clicks and leads nowhere.

Right now when the screen opens, it correctly loads the product information and it shows all the details.

The only problem is that when i click the only button, that it’s supposed to show the Google Store Payment page, it leads nowhere and doesn’t show any error

Here are the blocks:
“OK” is when it works
“NO” is where it doesn’t, and it does nothing, like i haven’t clicked it at all

Hope it helps to understand the issue.
Thank you very much for your time.

So none of the blocks at all are firing in the then so section of your iap purchase block? Sounds like a bug for sure.

As the main author of all those iap docs, You should at least get an error, at a minimum.

Just a new update hope it will help.
Someone just subscribed correctly in the app (not sure if from Apple or Android yet, because it’susing an older version), as i can see in the Airtable table a new entry from yesterday.

So i guess there are no recent issues about inactivity of products or payments gateaway, ecc…

I think 99% it’s Apple but I can’t see the reports now.

So your then do section is firing or no still not?

No, it’s not firing at all.

As I said the IAP component used to work well before.

Hi brianl,
thank you for your time.
I dont know what has happened, i just know that before, everything was running smoothly (except for this issue here )
At the moment the IAP doesn’t work for my app.
Apparently (i think) everything changed since the IAP component got updated (few months ago the block component was different).
This is everything i know right now, also my blocks look fine if the way to make it work it’s always the same.

1 Like

I have tried again, pulling out a new IAP component and rewriting the blocks from zero but, again, no luck with it.

I officially run out of ideas

1 Like

Hi,
I do think this is a bug, so I sent it to the team to investigate and fix if there is anything broken. Thank you for your patience.

Good morning everybody.
Any news from here?

I also would ask if that’s something that happens to me or there are more developers involved in this issue

Hello,
Yes, our team is working on it right now. Thank you for your patience. We are trying to push out a fix as soon as possible, and will give you a heads up when the fix will come out.

Thank you very much.

I tried the one time purchase too (not the subscription), just to see and this is what it came out, i honestly didnt pay much attention on it as it was just a try but maybe it can help?

Hello everyone,

still haven’t find a solution yet, but i’d share my experiments that can be helpful in the future.

These are my latest blocks:

Starting from the numbers that appear on the image:
For now i’m just testing on Android devices

1. When i click the button, it skips completely the “purchase phase” and it goes straight to the “Candidati” procedure

2. When i LongClick the button it shows me:

1. When i Longclick the button it doesn’t show anything, nor the “error” nor the “purchase”, literally it’s like I haven’t pushed anything.

Thank you everybody for your time, looking forward for a fix!

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your results of your experiment! This is a separate issue that has came up as a result of a fix we implemented, but we are aware and doing further fixing for this new issue. Thank you for your patience as we try to resolve this as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Fixes requiring fixes is not what this platform needs. Fixes should be 1 and done. Thank you for being honest and keeping us in the loop, that is big integrity points.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

Please let me know when the fix will be out, either here or any other way you would choose!

I’m experiencing this problem too.

on a null object refrence

Thanks for letting us know, @nongyen. If you want to send me a DM and share your project URL, I can get that added into our ticket. Having your projects added in there helps our engineering team see real examples of these bugs in action. Usually the more we get, the more we can try and prioritize a fix for it.

Thanks!

Hi there guys,

i was just wondering if there are some news from here?
And, if there are not, may I ask when could be the range of time this fix will come out? I mean if it’s on your top priority list or if we will need to wait from 1 to 6 weeks or more…

It’s already a couple of months now i’m facing this issue and i was wondering if i need to pause my activity for a while as IAP is a real focal point.

Thanks to everyone who can answer this and who’s working to the fix

2 Likes

Hi @maurizio.polverini89, I unfortunately don’t have much of an update for you beyond what Brian had posted earlier.

Help me Please