Issue with IAP Subscription [Oct 2022]

Hi there everyone,

Since it has been launched I managed to work with IAP subscription pretty easily, my apps went through in both stores and i received few payments.
Now seems like something has changed as Apple says that the button doesn’t lead anywhere and Android fails to recognize the blocks.
When IAP component was launched everything worked fine.

I show you my blocks:

When “Button_AccettaPolicy_Abbonati” clicks it:

• checks if there is a general error (in Live Thunkable testing it says “Error, Connect to Stores”), when in stores it doesn’t show any error
  • Starts the purchase (it used to show the payment page from store itself)
    I checked the product id, it’s correct, and again it used to work before.
    – If there’s not errors, it writes into an Airtable table some info, it used to work well before.
    – if there are errors it shows on a label either “purchase output” and “error output”.

The problem is that when the button is clicked, no errors appear on Label153, but neither the purchase page. The button clicks and leads nowhere.

Anyone has faced the same problem or can help?

Thank you very much indeed.

Maurizio

Hi,
Sorry you are experiencing this issue. I understand your apps both use to work with IAP, but, just to double check, does your IAP no longer work with your app? Is this an issue with your app, testing on Live Thunkable, or both?
Thank you

1 Like

Hi brianl,

thank you for your time.
I dont know what has happened, i just know that before, everything was running smoothly (except for this issue here )

At the moment the IAP doesn’t work for my app.
Apparently (i think) everything changed since the IAP component got updated (few months ago the block component was different).

This is everything i know right now, also my blocks look fine if the way to make it work it’s always the same.

I’m really struggling on this as everytime i need to create and upload a new release on stores to see if it works properly (can’t check on Live Test).

Hope you can help

Thank you again for your time,

Maurizio

I understand. I will look into it and I might have some more questions for you at a later time.
For testing, you could use something called Testflight. Here are some links if you are interested.

Thank you brianl,

i will very much appreciate your help in this.

About the Testflight, i am very aware of it, i’m a huge fan of thunkable, been using it for the last 3 years now, unfortunatly Google Play is not as easy.

About the In-App purchase docs, i read it very carefully and everything was working just fine before, as I said when i first started i got few payments in both stores.

Hope these infos help you to sort things out.

Thank you again for your time,

Maurzio

Any news from here?

Hi guys,
i’d like to share some news as i think it might be useful to someone, even tho I still havent find a solution.

These are my latest blocks, published in Google Store, as you can see the only purpose is to try to figure out what could be the problem:

If I open the screen or click on the only button, still nothing appears, or leads anywhere. If i wait the 5 seconds, there’s still “nothing” but with braces (think because i tried to extract an object).

To be fair, i run out of idea and I really hope someone who has faced the same issue can help me out.

Thank for your time

have you tried printing the error block out to the screen to see if anything is being returned there? i see that you are printing the green blocks for the data but what about the error?

Hi Jared, thank you for your help,

I’m Sorry buy i didnt quite understand what you meant.

Hope you have time to explain me better,

I think you are referring to the error in the in-app purchase block?
It doesnt show any error which is weird. Usually when there is not error around, it says “null”, or something else…

Hi,
Sorry for the delayed reply. Since your app was working previous and currently isn’t, this is a slightly more complicated error. I have passed it along to the team to take a look. I might have questions for you at a later time. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Is is something else i need to do then using the IAP component? I recently found these docs here.

I also set up recently the APIkey in the Google Play Store just in case as the guide says (i never had to set them before), but i’m not sure if it’s really related to my issue

Hi,
Apologies, but I think there was a missing link in the IAP documentation that went into more detail of extra setup that you would have to do with the Google Store. I will check in with the team, but in the meantime the link you have should also work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Link has been fixed within the documentation.
You have to enable IAP on Google’s side as well. For convenience, here is the link to the google monetization side: Monetize with ease | Google Play Console

1 Like

Hi there, just want to show some updates.

Unfortunatly, i didn’t find a solution yet.
Just to clarify, as I said it used towork before, so every set up for payments, cards, name of the product ecc… it’s something i took care already.

I followed all the steps in these docs and managed to fix a little thing i was missing.

I was just setting the name of the product ID through blocks, but since I added it here, i have some improvements
thunkable support 1

These are still my blocks, but know instead of:

The problem is that when the button is clicked, no errors appear on Label153, but neither the purchase page. The button clicks and leads nowhere.

Right now when the screen opens, it correctly loads the product information and it shows all the details.

The only problem is that when i click the only button, that it’s supposed to show the Google Store Payment page, it leads nowhere and doesn’t show any error

Here are the blocks:
“OK” is when it works
“NO” is where it doesn’t, and it does nothing, like i haven’t clicked it at all

Hope it helps to understand the issue.
Thank you very much for your time.

So none of the blocks at all are firing in the then so section of your iap purchase block? Sounds like a bug for sure.

As the main author of all those iap docs, You should at least get an error, at a minimum.

Just a new update hope it will help.
Someone just subscribed correctly in the app (not sure if from Apple or Android yet, because it’susing an older version), as i can see in the Airtable table a new entry from yesterday.

So i guess there are no recent issues about inactivity of products or payments gateaway, ecc…

I think 99% it’s Apple but I can’t see the reports now.

So your then do section is firing or no still not?

No, it’s not firing at all.

As I said the IAP component used to work well before.

Hi brianl,
thank you for your time.
I dont know what has happened, i just know that before, everything was running smoothly (except for this issue here )
At the moment the IAP doesn’t work for my app.
Apparently (i think) everything changed since the IAP component got updated (few months ago the block component was different).
This is everything i know right now, also my blocks look fine if the way to make it work it’s always the same.

1 Like

I have tried again, pulling out a new IAP component and rewriting the blocks from zero but, again, no luck with it.

I officially run out of ideas

1 Like

Hi,
I do think this is a bug, so I sent it to the team to investigate and fix if there is anything broken. Thank you for your patience.