Is There a Way to Copy a Scene and Copy its Blocks?

Just made a pretty complex level 1 for my game, now I am ready to work on level 2. I duplicate my scene to create level 2 and when I check the blocks, the scene has no codes. I have to admit this took me off guard, since I did not expect this. If there is no way to duplicate the blocks this makes scalability pretty difficult. Is there something I am missing? Big thanks in advance for all replies!

What do you mean by “the scene has no codes”? Did you save a screen and then create a new screen from the saved one? Can you show a screenshot of the original screen and the new screen?

2 Likes

Please note I am using the drag & drop interface. I did not save a screen, the only option I see is to “duplicate” the screen. Is the “save a screen” option not available for me? or am I missing it?

Duplicating the screen in the drag-and-drop interface will not copy any blocks. Saving the screen in the snap-to-place interface and then creating a new screen from the saved one will copy all of the blocks.

You said this took you off guard but there’s a warning message that appears when you duplicate a screen in the drag-and-drop interface:

1 Like

A good reminder to always read everything. Thanks tatiang, guess I have to get to work, or re-think my whole framework. I appreciate the response, hope to see this added soon one day.

1 Like

Remember, coding blocks within the same project can easily be copied from one screen to another by simply using Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V combination (Cmd-C / Cmd-V for Mac)

2 Likes

Thank you so much muneer! You are a life saver my friend… this helps me so much!

1 Like