Is Arabic supported on Android devices?

When the phone’s language changes, the content moves from left to right.

1 Like

Any help @domhnallohanlon

Thank you

Any help ???

Not from just seeing a screenshot of a preview. Post a screenshot of the properties used to display that image.

When you say language, do you actually mean the written language or do you mean the operating system?

1 Like

hi tatiang

look in my app im use the arabic language and the label should be from the right to left

now wen i download the app on android to test it if my phone language is english it working good and showing the label from the right to left

but when i change my phone language to arabic it showing the label from left to right

Bader,

probably you can share your block so we can advice which part maybe effected your app.

1 Like

The issue is not with my blocks

The issue with the screen direction

could be tricky with arabic language but mine working fine android and ios.

1 Like

that because you didnt select the Text Align to Right
if you will do it you will have the same issue

@domhnallohanlon
@jane

Can you help me with this?

Thank you

@domhnallohanlon
@jane
@wei
I was waiting your answer a week ago ??

@bader_mouti it appears that you need to set the label’s writing direction to rtl (right-to-left):

Setting the text alignment to “right” is not the correct way to go. Can you please let us know how you have set those two fields up?

Thank you

2 Likes

thank you i will try this

do you mean the green inside the blow ??

The “Writing Direction” property can be found in the label’s advanced tab:

I can only assume you are using a label to display the text, correct?

2 Likes

yes correct

but its not working too its was When the phone’s language changes, the content moves from left to right.

now its move from right to left :sweat_smile:

@bader_mouti - not certain what’s happening here - but I wonder if this is phone specific? Do you have access to an Android device made by a different manufacturer?

For context, in the past we’ve seen Samsung devices do things with images that didn’t happen on any other Android devices.

1 Like

hi @domhnallohanlon thank you for your replay

i was think its a problem with my device but i try it on Samsung , Huawei and lenovo

all is the seam problem

hi @domhnallohanlon
so any help here

With this problem, I cannot build any app
Because all my app users are Arabs
And the language of the phones they have come on, Arabic
This means the direction of the content will change even if the app’s language is English

let’s just make the Android app builder system like the IOS builder system
The direction of the content does not change when the language is changed

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this @bader_mouti - I’ll flag this with the team next week and see what we can find out about this.

Since I’m not an Arabic speaker, do you have any simple sample projects that we can use to test this on our end?

Thanks.

1 Like

I have been working on creating an app for 5 months now, I wasted a lot of time
And I put in it a lot of effort. And I wasted money too because I am a Pro member at Thunkable.
And when I am close to finishing my project. I found out that Thunkable does not support Arabic app direciton on Android phones. (This feels very bad when you get close to achieving a goal, and you are faced with a trivial problem like this)
And the shameful thing on the part of Thunkable too … When I contacted them for this problem, they asked me to send a link to the application containing some words in Arabic) and 16 day I was waiting for a response from them . You can see their funny response in the link below.
and when i sennd them any masseage about tis issues the didint unswer me and ingor me
I really want to leave Thunkable, but the problem is that I have an app on Google Play and Apple Store for my company with Thunkable.

If you were in this position, what would you do ??? Is there any advice

The sad thing is that a big company like Thunkable does not have highly experienced developers to fix the many issuse that happen every day. And the funny thing is that when they fix something, they sabotage something else that was working fine

With my appreciation to the Thunkable members

THANK YOU

1 Like