iOS crashes on any action

Hello,
My Android version works perfectly. My 3 iPhones crash on open, on click on a button that uses the Alert block and block that uses web_api. I have iPhone 5 runnig ver 10.3.4, iPhone 7 and iPhone 10, they all crash on the actions mentioned above, yet Andriod phone never crashes.

I’m desperate and so is the customer

Help please !!!

Carlos

if you want to share this with me, I will try on my iphone 11.

I have had issues with certain API’s. If you are doing a URI instead of a URL for example. These don’t like to work on the iphone

1 Like

Hi, @Carlos_Bieberach! :wave:

In addition to @jared’s post, please attach some screenshots of your blocks too. It would help us catch the error.

Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

This is usually the most helpful part that is often missing :joy:

Hope to see your blocks soon @Carlos_Bieberach

1 Like

Hello,

Crash occurs when you try to work with a non-existent object. Check the existence of objects and data before working with them.

2 Likes

Thank you. Let me clean up before I share. Carlos

Thank you. Will clean up first. Carlos

Thank you will clean up first. Will check for non-existing objects an empty variables. Carlos

Hello,
I clean up and got rid of things that looked incomplete or extra.

Neither chrome or firefox allow me to copy and paste the “share link”. See attached.

Thank you in advance !!

Carlos

Hello all !!
I clean up and orginized the blocks.

Neither chrome or firefox allow me to copy and paste the “share link”. See attached.

Thank you !!

Carlos

I must add that the iOS version was working fine in the early stage. I think, when i changed my Main Menu to depend on the web api call response, that’s where i started seeing crashes only on ios, not android.

What actions are occurring when it crashes?

Also, I like the texting. What service are you using for that?

Hi @Carlos_Bieberach,

It’s a little counter-intuitive. Just double click on the link, then Ctrl + A to select all and Ctrl + C to copy the link to your clipboard.

(Please note I added the confetti for dramatic effect - this won’t actually happen :joy:)

1 Like

When it crashes I see the logo page, then i assume it calls the “on start” action which calls the login block all over again. I have asked thunkable for a way of saving a log file or something so I can get better info on where the crash occurs etc. Then, it looks like reading the “store Exp” variable not always work and the app thinks the customer expired.

For now you may not be bothered by the crash, meaning getting the thunkable splash logo screen but once the expiration date matures, it get really bad after the crash.

Thanks again !!

Are you in the states ? My servers create the email and sms alerts and sends them out. For sms gw I use vitelity.com

:rofl::rofl: Thanks !!

1 Like

Another simple crashing example, this one without web api, Long Click the HOME button, Logo button appears. Click on Logo button. It is a Show Alert block that displays the value of some variables; it shows the alert for half a sec and crashes.