If nick name is same?

What do I do when compare the Nickname(User input) and
the other input Nickname that already entered in Airtable?

if I have the same, I want to output an alert,
if I don’t have one, I want to enter it into the DB?

1 Like

No Help ???

1 Like

Your question is very similar to this topic:

If you are still stuck after reading that, post a screenshot of your blocks.

1 Like

what’s the problem???

2 Likes

2 Likes

not working… no alert window

1 Like

There are a few problems with your latest screenshot:

1. You are initializing NNick to an empty text string ("") but then assigning it a column object value. Delete the “” text block from the initialize block.
  2. You can’t compare a text input value, which is a text string, to a column, which is an object. You need to get a property/cell from the column and then compare that to the text input value.
  3. Alerts need more than a Title value to work properly. See the documentation or tutorials by Googling alert Thunkable.
2 Likes

I think that the green “column” gives a list. It contains all values of the columnName “Nick”. Please try a list operator like “if does list (column) contain (NickInput’s Text)” → do alert …

2 Likes
  1. IS “null” ok instead of “” ?

2. Please advise me how… or give me example ??

2 Likes

No. null is NOT the same as “” empty text.

[Edit]

Because the green block column is actually a list your blocks will not work. You need to loop through all the entries in the green block column and check the entries one by one.

1 Like

You don’t need to initialize the variable to a value. Just leave the block open/empty.

1 Like

Error happens …

2 Likes

Three problems.

1- Remove List component in the block set app variable NNick to.

2- Remove get property ..... of object. It should be If j = app variable NNick.

3- set Alert1 Title should come before Alert1 Show, not inside it.

2 Likes

not working, I edited the code by your advice.

2 Likes

This would hardly describe the problem. What is not working in the code?

1 Like

I agree. Each of your posts is “Error happens” or “Not working.” We need to know more than that to be able to help you. It helps if you explain what you expect to happen and what actually happens when you preview the project.

3 Likes

alert not shown…

2 Likes

There are many reasons that would prevent the alert from showing.

A simple reason if the Nick name in the table is Muneer but the user typed muneer (notice the first character “M” is upper case in one side and lower case in the other) the test condition will fail and to the app they are NOT the same and therefore the alert will not show.

Another reason is your Airtable connection has an error therefore the column block will be empty.

2 Likes

You should add blocks to your If/Else block so that you can better understand what is or is not working. Right now, your “if” block condition results in either an alert being shown or nothing happening (setting a text input block’s value to it’s value does nothing). Instead, change the value of a label or text input to something you’ll recognize like “j=text input” and “j≠text input”. Then you can preview and see where the program is getting stuck or whether it’s evaluating the if/else condition as true or false.

3 Likes

boss, close the topic @tatiang or @muneer

1 Like