How to take photo with back camera

Hi, I’ve created an app where the user clicks a button to take a photo. When I live test the app on an iPhone, the device’s camera app opens and I can take a photo with the back camera. However, when I open the published web app on an Android, the device’s camera app doesn’t open and returns a photo taken with the front camera.

How do I get it to (a) take a photo using the back camera, and (b) show the camera’s viewfinder so I can see what I’m photographing and choose the exact moment to take the photo?

Thanks!

Hi a.towlerc9gdh4, welcome to Thunkable! :tada:

Be sure to check out our posts about How to ask Great Questions v2.0, our Community Guidelines, and our Docs as you get started.

Could you please share a screenshot of the blocks you’re using to take the photo? You should be able to use the front or rear camera on either iOS or Android and so it will be difficult for the Community to help troubleshoot this issue without more context.]

Thanks!

Hi Matt - here’s the blocks I’m using:

Thanks for your help!
Alice

Hello @a.towlerc9gdh4
Thank you for sharing your blocks
Unfortunately, on the web app, is not possible to change or select the camera using the camera block. You will need to download the app on your mobile device.