How to club all entries with the same name and view as one via Airtable

Dear All,

Item details get stored into the Airtable via firebase id i.e

I am trying to list all the entries made by one user(firebaseid) and view as consolidated data.

Ex like the below screen shot:

Sharing the airtable view

Sharing the blocks:

also the output

Hope I made it clear. Could you kindly assist?

Regards,
Sasi Preetha

This is probably in inaccurate. And thinking like this may be a bit confusing. Currently are using fire base is your user authentication method. Firebase returns a user ID. You’re storing data in airtable and using the user ID is one of the values in that record to function as a unique identifier for that user

There’s two ways to do this one of which being more appropriate than the other. You should use the airtable API and filter by the user ID in that column. This would return only the relevant information and you would not need to filter out data client side. Work like this should be done server-side, period.

That said, you need to loop over the data. That’s being returned by airtable in a 4 each loop and within that loop you need an if/then statement that says if this rows user ID equals the current users ID then throw it into a second list. After you’ve gone through that entire for each loop you can then display only the list of relevant information but be aware that you were downloading everybody’s information which is probably a little excessive at times. You won’t feel any issues on small data sets but once you get into larger data sets you will .

Thank you for your response Jared. Much Appreciated.

Currently are using fire base is your user authentication method - Yes Jared?. Firebase returns a user ID. You’re storing data in airtable and using the user ID is one of the values in that record to function as a unique identifier for that user- Yes

I am exploring Airtable API using filter.

But here you know Admin will get to see all the order received from the user not only the current user. Any suggestion?

using Airtable API - filterByformula I am able to get the details as per the current user ,

Sharing the blocks.

As I want to see all the user relevant details via firebase id, what I have done now is pulled the record i.e firebase id alone from user profile table and made it displayed in the list viewer and from the listviewer selected item get passed into the filterByformula but I get an error as undefined.

Sharing the block

Could you kindly assist?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.