How do we use the speech recognizer in the new UI?

Happy Thunkable new year :wink:
Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 00.42.32

So I was just trying out sound recording and speech recognition in the new UI, there are some good news for us, non-native English speakers - new speech recognition languages, which is just awesome.
But thereā€™s only one block for speech recognition and it is unclear how it should be used.
Previous method (partial listening and entire phrase as a function block, screenshot) was just perfect. Can you please keep it as it was, and just add new languages ?

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 00.35.39

1 Like

Wow!

@neuheisser Try this:

On a mobile device, tap the button and say something in French such as ā€œbonjourā€ (or another language if you prefer).

Well I tried many times, and it kind of worked only onceā€¦ recognized 2 words out of the entire sequence.
Old version works every time, no matter how much you talk.

1 Like

I did a bit more testing and had the same experience of it not working well. :frowning: One suggestion is to right-click on the speech recognition & translation blocks and switch to the advanced block versions to then be able to use the green error blocks (assign these to a label).

1 Like

Really nice trick with advanced blocks, but it works the same as the regular oneā€¦ Bad :frowning:
@domhnallohanlon, please take a look