How do I display images from a Google Sheet

Hi, I have a Source Google Sheet (Airline Codes) which contains several hundred images in a column called “Logo”. These images are entered as URL’s from my own Google Drive (see below:)

I have created the rest of this screen but I would like the Airline’s Logo (image) to appear above the found record’s result. I have already searched the Community help forum and have only solutions relating to Airtable or Firebase. The spreadsheet will eventually have over 17,500 entries. Most of them will have a logo (image) against their individual records.

Here is my design screen:

When a result is found and clicked on, the relevant row will display that record’s details but it will not display the image for that row.

Below, is an image of blocks so far:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andos.

You are setting the LogoImage’s Visible property to the url rather than setting its Background Picture property.

Thanks @tatiang, what needs to be changed as I wish to show the logo image not the background.

Many thanks,

Andos.

Hi @tatiang, I have just changed the block from “visible” to “picture” and still no image is showing.

I cannot see an option to display the image of a “URL” in the blocks.

See below:

Many thanks,

Andos.

That looks correct. Please assign the value of get property LOGO of object app variable row data (the blocks currently attached to the set LogoImage's Picture to block) to a Text Input’s text. Then copy and paste what appears and post it here.

What you should see is the full url for the image you wish to display.

You’re going to run into a problem with Google Drive files. Unless they are set to allow anyone to see them, they will not be visible from a mobile device or web app. They may work in a browser preview but that’s only because you are signed into your Google account.

When you post the url I mentioned above, I can test it and let you know if I can see the image.

Hi @tatiang, I am new to this, where do I find the “text input” block?

Thanks,

Andos.

Hi @tatiang, is this what you mean? I have replaced the pink “Logo” text with a green “AirlCodeSearchInput’s text” block. See below:

I tried it on “Live Test” using the record “AAA” and all the data of that record appeared but nothing showed from the “LOGO”

This was the result:

I didn’t receive any URL in the result.

The URL I should have received was:

The share link for my Source Data Google Sheet (Airline Codes) is:

The link for my project is:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/583cc9d3f60a182b463050f8ebece47e

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Andos.

1 Like

For the images to show in the app, they need to be shared or they need to reside in a shared folder.

Currently, your image files are not shared. I just clicked on one of them and got the screen to request access which means it will not display in the app.

1 Like

Thanks @muneer, I shall share the folder.

Many thanks,

Andos.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.