Getting row data, and saving it in different components

Is there any updated way for doing this blocks!! Because I searched for this blocks and can’t find any of them.

1 Like

You already posted the question in the same thread. There is no advantage in spamming the community with the same question.

1 Like

Sorry, if it was spamming, but I wanted a better reach for solution, that’s why re-shared this.

1 Like

A better way is to explain your situation clearly showing what you expect and what you are getting from your blocks and you will get a better answer from referring to a 2 year old post.

1 Like

What I want is, when a particular item is selected from list viewer (obviously filled from data base) I want that particular row data, and store it in different text box.
For e.g., if one value matches, than other field should be automatically filled with the row data having that value.
I have four columns:- name, address, contact number and sr no.
So name column is used in list view, as a particular name is selected all other values of that “name” i.e., address, contact and sr no should be stored in there respective text boxes.

1 Like

When you select the name from the list viewer, the block has a green block called index. You this block as the row ID in this block to get the entire row

You then need to use
to retrieve the values of other columns from the object you just obtained.

2 Likes

Where do I put this get rowobject block?

1 Like

See this demo

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/61bf29d1d038ef0011f0aa1e

1 Like

Sir, it’s giving me another row. in the below screen when i select “ashok” it should return ashok in Client textbox and 24afm in GSTIN Textbox. But it returns me row number 1 of database i.e., jayank and “-”

Data Base:-

1 Like

Show me your blocks. I wouldn’t know where you went wrong without seeing the blocks screen.

1 Like

You have not followed my demo.

The procedure works based on the index of the List Viewer should correspond to the run number in the database and this only happens when the List Viewer contains the full list of the specified column in the database.

You changed this and made the List Viewer shows a list which is a result of some search function which gives a subset of what’s in the database and therefore the index will lead to a wrong database row.

Hope this is clear.

Yes,sir! I see,You’re right! So how should I do. Should I make a temporary list for all columns and set it accordingly or there’s some other way around using the method you showed in demo?

1 Like

It all depends on what specific use case you have. I cannot tell you if I don’t know what you are after just like when I made the demo I made it based on the full list in the database but you are using it based on a short list which is a different use case.

So sir, as I type into client name box, it searches the database, if found than that particular row should be filled with data. If not than let user enter data manually.

1 Like

You should find a different way from the demo I showed you. For such cases, I would use a Data Viewer List not a List Viewer.

See this demo
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5fb9fb1dbfeb240011084d78

[Edit]
I have to say this is my way of thinking. This is by no means, the only way. You can still do it with a List Viewer in a different way.

I’m sorry to say sir, but I didn’t get your demo sir.

1 Like

I’m sorry too for not being of help.

Sir! You’re my only hope here.

1 Like

I’ll prepare a different deo tomorrow to see if it fits you.

Check this
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/61bf29d1d038ef0011f0aa1e

1 Like