Flashing cursor in label box after the text - like an input box

Hi,

I would like to have my own numeric keypad and not the phones numeric pad, but I cannot use an input box as it will always bring up a keypad.

I have tested this and can get it to work, by setting a variable depending on the label I have selected and when I used my own keypad can write text into each one.

The problem I face is trying to get some sort of flashing cursor in the label so the user still knows which box they are in.

I have tried changing the box bg etc (can’t change the border though, as in on/off or shadow on android), but it just does not give the same feel.

I thought maybe some sort of timer could do, and I also tried to put a input box behind the label and populate that, but unless the input box is actually active no cursor shows.

Any ideas on how to do this would be great.

I have also achieved a numeric keypad when only one field is being populated so that function is 100% working, just need the ability for some sort of flashing cursor in the label?

Why? I am trying to achieve the same look and feel throughout the app and across different devices.

thunk_101

Thank you,

Paul

A sample project:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/13fe18244946f878b76d739eb2121aa2

Hi Timothy,

Firstly That puts my keyboard implementation to shame so thank you for that :wink:

Secondly, that is amazing and is exactly what I was looking to do, so thank you very much. This will make for a great user experience.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Haha. You’re welcome. I created a custom fraction keyboard a month or two ago, so it was fresh in my mind.

1 Like

Sorry found it in Any Component.