Firebase Login/Sign-up Crashing App on my newer Android

I’m having issues with my app crashing when using the Firebase login/sign-up component. Once logged in and navigated to the appropriate page, after 2 to 4 seconds the app crashes (closes).

This only seemingly happens on my LG G8X ThinQ (6 months old device) but the app works as it should on my iPad and Galaxy S7 edge. Both are older devices.

The crash happens within the Thunkable Live App and if I download my app to test.

Can anyone help?

I’ll take a wild guess or two:

1. are you using any stored variables? If you’re expecting a stored variable to have a value but you’ve never set it on that device, you might trigger a crash.

2. are you logging in on the same firebase user account on these devices? I’m wondering if your device is trying to do something with the data that’s impossible, that’s account specific.

Question 1. are you using any stored variables? If you’re expecting a stored variable to have a value but you’ve never set it on that device, you might trigger a crash.

1. No stored variables in place yet. I ran into this problem when I had the app about 40% complete so I decided to scrap it and start all over. So there is very little in place as of now. In fact, on this page there is only the sign-up component with get text blocks for email and password, an if do else block with the following

if: not: error
Do: navigate to screen 1
Else: Show alert message set to: error
Show Alert

Question 2. are you logging in on the same firebase user account on these devices? I’m wondering if your device is trying to do something with the data that’s impossible, that’s account specific.

1. I do login on other devices but this is after the issue. This is to see if the problem happens on those devices as well. And, i create a new account on each device I use.

Hang on a sec - are you actually meaning to post this on classic extensions? Or are you really using Thunkable X?

So does it crash somewhere in there? Or after going to the next screen?

It might be useful to see if the crashing is specific to the account, rather than the device used?

Forgive me if I’m under the wrong forum. I’m a noob so please forgive me.

After going to the next screen.

I think what I’m going to do is recreate within firebase. It also appears that this problem began once I added realtime DB within my firebase signin.