Filtering data with two lists

Hello, I am currently working on a data filtering application. I connected a google spreadsheet with two sheets: one for the names of the clubs and one for the list of the students. If the user clicks the club, I want the list to display the students who are in the selected club. But now the list is showing nothing and the screen is even crashing. The 1 next to app variable club is going to be replaced with j. The current code is:

Hi and welcome to Thunkable!

What does your data source look like? And what does app variable club store?

Also, the j variable in your loop holds the student’s name. You don’t need to use the in list variable to get the student name again. Plus, j is not a numeric value. It’s a text string so you can’t get #j of the list.

Thank you for replying. I will share you the link of my application. It has other functions, such as the tutorial or password creation, but you can just ignore those. https://x.thunkable.com/copy/b6c98af4100fcca7c94e9ececf439d26

app variable club contains the name of the club that was clicked. But then in the next screen, you use that variable as a list and try to get an item # from it. That isn’t going to work.

do you think this is going to work? I changed the club that the user clicks as selectedclub and named the entire list of clubs as club. I am trying to get the index number of the club that is equal to the selected club, and put the student’s name with the same index to the list.

Oh wait I did it!!! Thank you for your advice.

1 Like